25~The Insecurities

📜SIDDHARTH📜

My blood boiled as I read Vikram Mehra's messages

My blood boiled as I read Vikram Mehra's messages. Anger pulsed through me, making my head throb. I shut my eyes, feeling an intense urge to punch something. His words echoed in my mind.

'I'm going to ruin you, Mira Rathore.'

I clenched my fists.

'How can you live such a happy life when I was struggling to clear the bad image of my reputation?'

'What if I tell your husband about our past relationship? About me being your almost fiance.'

His words played in my head as a taunt.

'What if your husband would throw you out once he knows what kind of whore you are?'

Enough.

Just enough.

How fucking dare he?

Rage surged within me, drowning out everything else. How could he even call my wife something like that? How could he say it so casually to any woman. I clenched my fists, feeling whispers of fury roaring in my ears. I swore to myself, I'll make him pay for what he did to my Mira. I'll make sure to feel him regret every moment of his existence.

My mind keeps replaying that night, and every time I see Mira's face, a wave of numbness washes over me. My pulse pounded at the memory. I remember every word I spat at her, each one sharper than the last. I didn't stop to think about her feelings, about what she might be going through. I can't forgive myself for treating her that way. No one, not even me, has the right to talk to her like that.

Though it has been three days since that night has passed, I could still see the way she trembled when I told her about my insecurities regarding her trust in me. The hurt in her eyes hit me hard. 'You're the only person I've ever trusted, Siddharth,' her words echoed in my mind, and it hurt to remember them. But what really tore at my heart was her past. It felt like someone had knocked the wind out of me as if my world had been shattered by her confession.

'Someone had tried to... to rape me, Siddharth,' she had screamed, and suddenly I again felt a weight settle in my chest. How could someone do something so despicable? How could someone even think to assault the women, after all, the women are the essence of Maa Lakshmi and Saraswati?

And that 'someone' was none other than Vikram Mehra. The man with whom I wanted to join the forces of our company. I couldn't believe my ears at first, but as Mira recounted the details of what happened four years ago, it sunk in. I always knew that Vikram Mehra is an asshole but this...

I reached for my phone on the nightstand, dialing the only person I trusted, even blindfolded.

After three rings, he answered. "So, now you remember me, huh?"