19~The Fashion Event

🪞MIRA🪞

You can do it, Mira

You can do it, Mira. I repeated the words for the millionth time tonight. A knot of anxiety tightened in my stomach as I paced backstage, surrounded by bustling models and busy assistants.

Everything will be alright. You've come a long way in these past five years, so don't let your anxiety get the better of you now. My mind whispered.

The vibrant hum of conversations gradually dimmed as the lights began to flicker, signaling the imminent start of the fashion show. My heart raced, and palms grew clammy. I snuck a glimpse at myself in the mirror while wearing a dress I have designed-a work of beauty with bold style and rich detail.

It's not my first fashion event, but every time, it feels like my debut on the stage. I inhaled deeply and counted to ten.

A firm grip on my hand brought me back to the present and my confidence immediately boosted as I looked up and saw Siddharth smiling at me reassuringly.

"Mira." My husband ushered me toward the stage. "Make this fashion event shine with your success." Siddharth's calm voice loosened some of the knots in my muscles. He kissed my forehead while a seed of hope blossomed in my chest. I nodded at him and with a strong determination, I took a deep breath and walked onto the stage. At first, I was a bit unsure, but as the audience clapped louder, my confidence grew.

I gave a polite bow to the crowd, feeling a sense of satisfaction, and a warm feeling of accomplishment spread through my skin.

This marked the pinnacle of my fashion journey -a result of many sleepless nights, moments of anxiety, and times when I doubted myself but as the approval from my audience echoed in the hall, it was clear that my hard work paid off, and the event was a big success. A big smile appeared on my face, showing the happiness and triumph I felt. At that time, with people cheering, I enjoyed the moment of achieving something I once thought was impossible.

It was hard to imagine that it'd only been two years since the official launch of my brand Hastkriti and yet its profile had skyrocketed in an astonishingly short time. And I still couldn't believe that I made my dream thriving with my years of hard work.

"Go, Yuvrani!" A familiar voice rose. "We are so proud of you."

I searched through the crowd until my eyes landed on a cluster of familiar faces in the front row. My smile grew. The room was packed with fashion insiders and celebrities, but the people I cared about most were right there in front of me.

I could feel a messy clog of emotion tangling in my throat as I watched dadi-sa who said 'the proud of you' statement. Over the course of years, Dadi-sa has always supported and encouraged me, being there for me when I felt very terrible about myself. In her, I didn't only find a mother figure but also a best friend.

Papa pushed her back and placed her on a chair as she almost got closer to the stage. As I watched them argue and exchange unpleasant glances, my smile grew. No one would believe me if I would say that they are the ones who rule Chittorgarh and yet bicker with each other as if they are little kids.