17~The Dinner

🪞MIRA 🪞

Siddharth and I found ourselves comfortably settled at the elegant dining table, where an air of warmth and familiarity filled the room

Siddharth and I found ourselves comfortably settled at the elegant dining table, where an air of warmth and familiarity filled the room. As our gazes met, we exchanged smiles in a silent greeting to everyone gathered around the dining table.

It didn't even take a moment for Dadi-sa to nag Siddharth as he again started mocking her. They might look childish as they fight every single time but it was such a heartwarming sight that the room echoed with affection.

Uncle Rajveer, Papa's closest friend and Arhaan's father who had just returned from almost a month-long trip was also present for the dinner.

"How was your trip, Rajveer uncle?" Siddharth asked as he went near him to give his uncle a firm hug.

"Oh, the trip." He put his arm around Siddharth as he mumbled, "It was kinda scary since your aunt Nirmala was al-" but before he could finish the sentence Aunt Nirmala appeared from the kitchen, holding a tray of her special kheer.

Uncle visibly gulped down and instantly shut his mouth just by looking at his wife's death stare while a silent chuckle left my mouth as I looked at this cute couple.

Aunt Nirmala cleared her throat as she said, "Trip was good, Siddharth." Her cheeks wrinkled as she shot a genuine smile in our direction once she put the bowl of Kheer on the dining table.

"We didn't know you and uncle were returning today," I spoke up.

Every year Mr.and Mrs. Malhotra visit their hometown for nearly a month but this time, they came back sooner than we anticipated.

She nodded. "We hadn't initially planned to come this week, but since Nandini is returning from her hostel next week we decided to arrive earlier," Mrs. Malhotra explained as she took her seat beside me.

Nandini is Arhaan's younger sister. She is currently residing in a hostel in Mumbai, where she is pursuing her studies. We don't get to see each other very often as she spends most of her time living there.

"That girl didn't even inform me when I was talking to her on the phone." Siddharth let out while serving achaar on his plate.

Nandini has always been a little sister to him whom he loves with all his heart.

"There, there." I patted his arms. "She might not want you to book extra security when she returns."

Siddharth rolled his eyes.

If Arhaan has been a chilled-out and funny brother to Nandini, Siddharth always has been a protective elder brother to her.