14~A Man from the Past

🪞MIRA🪞

"We need to come up with a few more designs," I informed my assistant Shravi as we discussed the designs for an upcoming fashion event

"That's going to take a lot of our energy." My assistant sighed. "By the way, what about the perfumes that we are going to present at the event?" She asked, looking up from her notepad. A nervous grin spread across her face as she cited our new collections.

It's the first time we'll be demonstrating something at the fashion event other than our clothing and jewelry designs. After dozens of sleepless nights, panic attacks, and fits of self-doubt, the fashion brand Hastkriti had expanded rapidly over the past few years to include clothes, accessories, and fragrances.

"Bring the sample of each scent to me," I notified her while examining the mannequins.

She nodded.

"Ma'am, you know it was so difficult to work without you. These past few days were torture as you weren't here." Shravi sough dramatically while I chuckled at her statement.

It's been a week since that incident passed off and a week of me working from home as my family has strictly warned me not to put my feet out of the house until I completely heal.

My wounds were getting cured but the concussion my parents had implanted in me was something I don't think I would ever be able to recover from but I was making a constant effort to put control over my negative thoughts. Like, training my brain into different thought patterns was something I had been working on actively. Well, it was Sid's hypothesis to gain power over your mental health.

When I told him how looking at my scars drags me to that night and the rotten memories of my mother beating me in the restroom blurred my sense. Siddharth would just pick me up in his arms and carry me to the bathtub, sitting down on one end and making me sit on him, with my back to his front and him inside me, not moving, not fucking, just still, trying to forget about everything. Another time when I wasn't able to get enough sleep because of my nightmares, I just stayed in Siddharth's embrace while he talked to me for hours until I drift away into a deep slumber.

"Achaa" I let out, pulling myself out of the thoughts as I turned toward Shravi.

She nodded helplessly while a low chortle broke out from my mouth.

My eyes darted to the unchecked files presented on the desk as I shrank into the chair.

"By the way, do you know about the hot topic of the week?" Shravi asked while I continued studying the files.

"No" My instant reply came.

"Vikram Mehra is in the town" Her voice rose with excitement while my movements ceased. Bile coated my throat at hearing his name.