21~The Comfort to their Chaos

📜SIDDHARTH📜

The constant gossip among the royal subjects about trivial matters irritated me

The constant gossip among the royal subjects about trivial matters irritated me. I closed my eyes in annoyance as I yearned for a moment of silence.

When the fuck will I leave the royal court and savor some peace and quiet.

However, my time spent with Mira was the only peace I had.

My days were a tumult of work and chaos. I'd spent the past month practicing the royal duties along with managing the company.

Suddenly, the royal advisor's voice cut through the endless chatter, announcing, "Only two months left until Yuvraj takes the crown."

His words hit me hard, freezing me where I sat.

Panic washed over me, realizing my thirtieth birthday would mark the day I become the king. My breath quickened as if I needed to catch up with time itself.

My gaze shifted to my father, who was sitting on the throne, and his expression filled with pride as if he had been waiting for this moment. Waiting to hand over the entire kingdom to his only son.

I sighed, deeply.

In just two months, I would become the king. Me.

I tried to calm down, reminding myself that I had been getting ready for this moment for years. But as reality got closer, my plans felt weak against the fear gripping me.

Getting a throne that would give me control over the entire kingdom, I should have felt a sense of accomplishment and victory but all I could go through was worry and dread.

No matter how much I try to appear confident or tough, my insecurities won't go away. For years, I've tried to keep these feelings under control. But, as time passes, the burden of being responsible, the expectations, and the seriousness of the anticipated role pressed down on me.

I couldn't afford to panic, but I couldn't escape the paralyzing fear inside me.

This was the result of years of training and waiting, but now, it felt like an irresistible amount of pressure. The coronation day, which had previously seemed distant, now felt like a big presence, hinting at the heavy responsibility I was about to take.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

The clock in the Royal court kept ticking loudly, each sound hitting my head like a hammer. I tried to focus on my hands, hoping it would distract me from the growing panic. But with each passing moment, the knots in my stomach tightened.

I was about to become a king, deciding the fate of a kingdom, and it felt like a heavy burden.

For fuck's sake, Siddharth, there are still two months left and you'll get over this fear. You can at least try.

I let out a heavy breath and shifted my attention toward the advisor. He was already looking at me, with a calm and composed expression.

I accepted his prior statement with a slight nod, carefully considering the significance of his words.