Winter Solstice

It was the shortest day of the year, the Winter Solstice. Camp Half-blood made a huge deal of it. Putting up hundreds of decorations, that of course Cabin 10 designed, a huge meal, and lots of dancing. Chiron loved the Winter Solstice and so did Mr D as it was the only time of the year Zeus pushed the curse aside and allowed him to drink wine. Everyone was dressed up in formal winter wear, mingling around the campfire as snow fell around the camp. Most of the boys were wearing suits with large, thick woolly coats, and most girls in long thick dresses with stockings and similar thick wool coats. There were a couple girls not in dresses though, one of them being Clarisse of course, she wouldn't be caught dead in a dress. She had a pair of long black trousers on with a dark red button up and a thick black coat. Her hair was slicked back and the only accessories she had on was a red and black ring on her middle finger.

She was talking to some of her siblings, minding her own business and staying warm by the fire. Every now and again her eyes went over to cabin 3. Percy was already out talking to Annabeth and Grover but his half-sister wasn't, that's who she was waiting for.

Finally after what felt like an eternity, it was like ten minutes, she left the cabin, she had a floor length, light blue dress on. From what Clarisse could see it was off the shoulder but she had a white fluffy coat on that covered her arms and shoulders. She had silver jewellery, a wave necklace, dangle earrings with light blue gemstones, and a seashell ring. She had thin fox styled eyeliner on and subtle rose colour on her lips. Her long black hair was in its natural beachy waves that fell just past her chest, with a grey streak from holding the sky with her brother a few years ago. She walked towards the campfire where all the other campers were. Clarisse excused herself from her siblings and began to walk towards the daughter of the sea god when Percy got in the way. Of course he got in the way.

Y/n was disappointed when her half-brother got in the way of the daughter of Ares getting to her but it was Percy so what else would she expect. He was doing the brotherly 'you look very nice' speech, which made her want to punch him. She could see Clarisse standing awkwardly a few feet behind Percy, she had a red and black two piece suit, her hair slicked back so her dark brown curls gathered at the base of her neck, and a red and black ring on her left hand. Percy finally shut up then turned to walk back to Annabeth, saying to Clarisse as he passed her;

'You hurt her and I'll personally make sure you're never able to shower ever again.'

Clarisse rolled her eyes then walked up to the beautiful girl who was laughing at Percy's comment. She threw her arms around Clarisses shoulders, pressing a kiss onto her cheek.

'Don't worry about him, he's being a drama queen like always.' Y/n laughed, not releasing her brother was eavesdropping.

'I am not a drama queen!' He yelled. Clarisse and Y/n laughed then went into the big house for the meal. It was one of two days a year, the other being summer solstice, that camps didn't have to sit with their cabins for a meal and people were making the most of it. Clarisse sat next to Y/n with her hand on her thigh the whole meal.

'It would be easier to eat if you used both your hands for a knife and fork, Clair,' Y/n would laugh as Clarisse struggled to get something on her fork.

'And have to take my hand of you? Do I look like an idiot to you, watergirl?' She mutters, making both of them laugh. There were times Percy would glare at the cabin 5 girl who didn't take her hands of his half-sister from the Poseidon table, that Annabeth, Grover, Juniper, and himself were sitting at, but Clarisse would always return his dirty looks with kissing Y/ns cheek, neck, or shoulder just to piss him off.

After the meal the campers went out to the great lawn where the Apollo cabin had set up a DJ. They jumped around for a few hours to some of the popular songs of the time but occasionally a slow song would play, which even though she'd never admit it out loud, Clarisse loved. It was an excuse to hold Y/n close to her, even though they'd been dating for 3 months she still felt like she needed an excuse for that. Clarisse wrapped her arms around her girlfriend's waist, keeping her as close to her as possible, as Y/n linked her hands behind Clarisses neck and rested her head on her shoulder.

It was around 0100 when everyone headed back to their cabins for the night, Clarisse walked Y/n to cabin 3. Kissing her quickly before saying goodnight and going back to cabin 5. Y/n collapsed on her bed with an excited squeal, kicking her legs in the air.

'I take it Clarisse was nice?' Her half-brother laughed at the teenage girl who couldn't stop smiling.

Clarisse wasn't any better, the smile wouldn't leave her lips until one of her younger half-brothers mocked; 'ohh Clarisse is in love'. That quickly got rid of it. Not because she was in fact in love, but because he said it in a way that sounded very disrespectful towards her girlfriend. That boy was in the bathroom clean up for two months after that, no one dared say anything like that again.