Not so white bandage

A/n; TW for SH. Wanted to write something a little sad so I apologies in advance. Also if anyone is struggling with SH please know you can ask for help and do not have to suffer in silence.

Gods she was perfect. Everything about her was breathtaking, the way her eyes sparkled in the campfire light, the way her curls fell elegantly off her shoulders, the way her lips were always a dark burgundy colour, the way her clothes complemented her figure. She was just perfect.

Sitting around the campfire I could not take my eyes off her. How she swayed along to the music with her siblings was beautiful, like she didn't have a care in the world. She had on blue denim shorts and a black knit sweater. I wondered how she wasn't boiling in the sweater as it was June, but assumed it was thin or something.

The next morning I walked into the dinning hall for breakfast, she was sitting at table 4 along with her siblings. They seemed to be hanging on to every word she said, don't blame them. A roar of laughter came from her table as I sat down, everyone was laughing their asses off over something. Once again I noticed her wearing a jacket but again brushed it off.

The rest of the day went the same as normal, activities then breaks, nothing out of the ordinary. Every time I saw Y/n she was surrounded by her friends and siblings so it wasn't until 3 o'clock I finally got to talk to her. I saw her leave archery early and go back to the Demeter cabin so I decided to ditch rock climbing and follow her. She walked very quickly so by the time she got to the cabin I was like 5-10 minutes behind her, the girl walks fast.

I opened the doors to the little cottage styled cabin that was empty. I saw the chest at the feet of Y/n's bed was open, but I couldn't see her anywhere. Until I noticed the light on in the bathroom from under the door. I walked over and knocked on the door, then I began to worry after hearing something metal drop and Y/n yell in a very panicked voice;

'Fuck, one second.'

'Darling is everything alright?' I asked through the door, trying to open it but I was locked. A million thoughts ran through my head, trying to think of what could've dropped.

'Clarisse?' She yelled, still sounding very panicky.

'Yes, what's going on? Can I please come in?' I ask again, the doorhand still refusing to turn.

'No, no, everythings fine I promise. Could you just grab me the jacket sitting on my bed please.' Her voice sounded a little more calm but still out of breath. I loosen my grip on the door handle and turned back to her bed, where her black hoodie was laying. I grab it and begin walking back to the bathroom when a white bandage falls from the sleeve, well a once white bandage. There was blood all over the wrap in thin lines. My breathing became laboured as I pieced together what was going on. I didn't think, I just rushed over to the door and tried to force it open but it didn't budge.

'Y/n, let me into this bathroom right now!'

'Give me my jacket first, then you can come in.' She responded, sounding like she was choking back tears.

'No, open this door now.' I know it was aggressive but at the moment the only thing I could think of was stopping her. I couldn't lose her or have her doing this to herself. I know I could have gone about it in a much more caring manner but in that moment my vision was completely clouded.

'Don't be mad, please Clarisse.' She cried from the other side of the door. Hearing her cry my name snapped me back into reality. I looked back down at the blood covered bandage in hand, I rested my head on the door and said in as calm a tone as possible;

'I'm not mad darling, just let me in please.'

I heard the door lock click and the door opened. I stepped inside seeing Y/n sitting on the floor, her knees tucked under her chin and her cheeks tear stained. It felt like my heart broke as I saw her. I closed the door then kneeled in front of her. She avoided eye contact, keeping her sight glued on the floor. I rested a hand on her cheek, moving her head to look at me. Her green eyes were filled with tears as she looked at me like she'd just kill someone.

'I'm so sorry Clarisse, I was going to stop soon I swear.' She began crying hysterically as she talked. I moved next to her on the floor and pulled her into my chest. She didn't argue or fight it, just put all her weight on me and rested her head on my shoulder.

'You have nothing to be sorry for.' I whisper and place a kiss on the top of my head. She stayed there for a moment, calming herself down, then I asked. 'Can I please see them darling?' She did verbally respond but did lift her right arm up and hid her face in my neck like she didn't want to see it or my reaction. I was able to reach the spear first aid kit on the floor so I did. Grabbing out a new dresser and bandage, I wrapped up her arm then put my arms around her to hold her tight against me.