Exams

I was sitting at the desk in my dorm, re-reading the same paragraph over and over again. It was finals week and I just couldn't wrap my head around the topic. I clawed at the root of my hair, trying to stop the aching and make my eyes focus. The subtle jazz in the background was interrupted by the door opening. I didn't bother turning around, just tried to read the same paragraph and understand it, which failed.

"Hey, darling.' A familiar voice whispered as her hands gently rubbed up and should my shoulders.

"Hi.' I mumbled trying to focus. Clarisse continued rubbing my shoulder and pressed a kiss on the top off my head.

"Dear, how about we take a little break. Get you some fresh air, relax a bit." She suggested.

"But I need to understand this and it's not making any sense." I choked, trying not to burst into tears. Clarisse turned my face to hers, whipping my cheek with her thumb.

"I know, but sitting here and re reading won't help. You need to clear your head."

"Fine."

She pulled me up, out of my chair. As soon as I was up right my vision began to cave in and I completely lost my balance. The last thing I remembered before blacking out was falling on Clarisse and her arms wrapping around me tightly.

I woke to being placed down on my bed. Clarisse was looking down at me, visibly concerned. "Have you eaten today darling?" I tried to recall when the last time I ate, before shaking my head, releasing it was over two days ago. Clarisse sighed disappointedly before kissing my forehead and leaving my dorm, saying "I'll be right back."

She came back 20 minutes later with a bag of my favourite snacks, drinks, and some takeout from the chinese restaurant down the road. "Here's what's going to happen. We are going to sit on the couch on your balcony, you are going to eat, and relax for at least two hours. Understand."

I nodded and pulled myself off the bed, following her out the door to the balcony that overlooked the river off New Rome. She layed out the take out on the coffee table and pulled a movie up on the TV. There was a cool breeze that helped calm me down. Clarisse pulled me down to the couch and handed me one of the containers. "Eat, you'll feel better with something in your stomach."

Once we finished eating I cuddled up to my girlfriend, quickly falling asleep on her chest as she held me.