Curly hair 101

I was just minding my own business, sharpening my spear head in front of cabin 5. It was just after lunch so quite a few cabins were walking back from the dinning call. A large group of Aphrodite kids walked right past me giggling and gossiping with each other. Suddenly they just stopped and looked at me. One girl began talking to the others then suddenly they migrated over to me. A girl with very curly, long chocolate coloured hair was leading the group. Her name was Y/n, I've been admiring her for a few weeks now so honestly I got a little nervous.

'Hey, Clarisse right?' She asked me, I nodded wondering what they wanted. 'We were wondering if you knew how to take care of your hair?'

'Yeah? Isn't it just washing and brushing?' I questioned. The group of girls dramatically gasp and act offended.

'Oh honey, please let us help you.' Y/n tilted her head to the side in a sympathetic way.

'Help me? Look I don't really care about my hair so does it really matter?' I put my spear down to the side then turned back to the group, releasing Y/n had stepped very close to me and was now looking down to me. Honestly it was driving me crazy. She gently removed my red bandage and inspected my hair.

'Just give us two hours please, it doesn't have to be all of us. I could teach you myself, a one on one curly hair lesson.' She tilted my head up to look at her, resting her hand on my neck and gently rubbing her thumb on my jaw then whispered in the most attractive voice possible. 'You'd be extremely hot with properly taken care of curls, drakon slayer.'

I couldn't say no to her, I wasn't sure if she was charmspeaking me but I didn't care. I could not help myself, she was like a siren. 'Fine, but I will not be having a group of girls fonding over me.'

'Wonderful, come on then.' her hand moved from my neck to my hand, pulling towards cabin 10. 'Don't worry girls, I'll take care of this one.'

She pulled me into the bathroom of her cabin, pushing me down to sit on the bathtub. She gave me a thirty minute lecture on the 'dos and don't of curly hair'. She explained to me how brushing out my hair whilst it was dry was the reason it was fizzy. She fully washed and styles my hair for me. Having her 'play' with my hair was not helping my crush on her. The way she smiled down at me and the way she was so gentle.

Finally, after about an hour and a half, she was finally finished. She put down the hair dryer and pulled me in front of the large mirror. She was standing behind me, her head resting on my shoulder, smiling ear to ear, looking very pleased with herself. My hair looked completely different. It was in tight defined curls that I didn't even know it had.

'See, very hot.' She said to me, pulling down on one of the curls and letting it spring back up.

'Thanks Y/n.' I tried to move away from the mirror to hide how much I was blushing over her compliment but she had a firm grip on me, keeping me where I was. Her smile turned to a smirk then she whispered.

'Is the favourite daughter of Ares blushing?'

It sent shivers down my spine. I took a step away from her and the mirror. 'No. I've just got very red skin.'

'Oh yes of course. That would explain it. Do you also have wandering eyes?'

'What do you mean, pearl girl?'

'I mean, do your eyes wander out of your control, seeing that you always seem to be staring at me.'

I didn't know what to say. I thought I was being smooth and subtle but clearly I wasn't. She giggled at me just standing there then walked up to me, gently grabbing my hands and placing them on her waist.

'No need to be nervous drakon slayer.' She placed her hands on my neck. 'I like knowing you're watching me. Give me someone to look nice for.'

I collected any confidence and tried to sound like I wasn't losing my mind over this girl. 'Darling, you don't even need to try to look nice. You're always gorgeous.'

'Aww, who knew the daughter of the god of war could be so cute.' She smiled ruffling my hair.

'And who knew the daughter of Aphrodite could be such a flirt and a tease.' I joked, making her laugh.

'Me a flirt and tease.' She held a hand to her chest like she was offended. 'Only for you I am.' She winked at me, which somehow made me more nervous. She pressed a kiss onto my cheek quickly then walked away. Stopping at the bathroom door and turning back to me. 'I've got volleyball now but want to meet me at Zues fist after dinner?'

'Yeah, I'll see you there.' She smiled at me then left the cabin. I quickly rushed out after her and practically ran to the Apollo cabin. I needed Will's help with this.