Capture the flag

Athena vs Ares. A classic battle at both Olympus and camp half-blood. The two cabins that hate each other the most. Constantly trying to one up each other, prove themselves better to honour their parents. Today was when it all went down, the second last day of summer, which meant the last game of Capture the flag before the majority of campers went home. Annabeth and Y/n were sitting in their cabin talking strategy, being the two eldest of the Athena cabin they were in charge of making the plans for all their games. As for the Ares cabin, Clarissse was taking her half-siblings through combat skills to ensure they were ready for battle.

The time came for the final battle of the summer, everyone was in positions and Chiron rang the bell. Campers began running, striking each other with swords, shooting arrows at each other, tackling one another to the ground. It was madness. Y/n was given the role of protecting the Athena flag along with three other camps, two boys from the Demeter cabin and one girl of Hecates. The cabin 20 girl was using her magic to camouflage the flag and the cabin 4 boys growing vines around the pole the flag was on to assist with it blending into the forest. Y/n had her knife at the ready, and her guard up waiting for an attacker. It wasn't long until one came.

'Fancy seeing you here, smartass.' A familiar voice said as a tall, ruby player looking girl walked towards the group.

'Remember the plan.' Of the the boys whispered, which Y/n nodded to. Clarisse spun her spear and readying herself for a fight, Y/n doing the same. They charred at each other. The two had spent time sparring together so they were familiar with each other's tactics, but the daughter of Athena had a plan the daughter of Ares would not be prepared for.

During the fight with Clarisse, Y/n noticed a stick being picked up by nothing. That was the signal. Clarisse striked at Y/n, who didn't move in time and got slashed across the face with her enemy's spear. She clutched her cheek and called out in pain. The three campers rushed to her side as she collapsed to the ground. Clarisse was lost for words, she would never intend to hurt Y/n but there she was, kneeling in front of her, holding her bloody face that Clarisse caused. The cabin 5 leader dropped in front of the crying girl, moving her hands to her bloodied face and pulling her hands away to inspect the cut.

'I'm so sorry Y/n, I didn't mean to hurt you.' She muttered, grabbing a handkerchief from her army cargo pants and holding to Y/ns cut. She then noticed Y/n team mates begging to giggle. She looked up to see Annabeth standing behind her half-sister, holding the Ares flag.

'Well Clarisse, Athena wins this summer. This is what happens when children of Ares don't stick to children of Aphrodite, and fall for their enemies.' Annabeth teased, helping Y/n to her feet. She looked ashamed of what had happened, avoiding Clarisse's gaze.

'You used my affection for her as a way to win!' Clarisse yelled. Annabeth was unphased.

'Yes, all fair in love and war.'

Clarisse stormed off as Annabeth turned to her half-sister.

'Good job Y/n.'

Dinner that night was tense, the Athena cabin celebrated whilst Ares cabin sulked. Clarisse wouldn't stop glaring at Y/n, laughing and smiling and cheering with her cabin. The large cut on her cheek was now stitched up but would still be visible for at least a month. A month's reminder of what Clarisse had done to her and a reminder of the level she was willing to go to to win.

It was about half an hour before lights out and the campers were hanging out on the grassed area around the campfire. Clarisse was sitting by herself on the steps leading to cabin 5, she had her spear in her hand and was inspecting the dried blood that she still hadn't cleaned off. She heard footsteps coming towards her so she looked up and saw the last/only person she wanted to talk to. She had on a grey tank top, blue denim shorts and black converse, her dark hair was put in two plaits that fell to the side of her chest.

'Hey Clair, good game earlier.' She smiled as her grey eyes shined at Clarisse.

'Don't talk to me smartass, and don't call me Clair.' Clarisse stood up and pushed past her, walking towards the big house.

'I'm sorry Clarisse.' Y/n called out, making Clarisse stop walking but not turn around. 'Annabeth suggested it and for some stupid reason I agreed. It was a mean and cruel thing to do.' The daughter of Ares turned back to the girl, waiting to see if she'd say anything else but she didn't. She looked to the ground, embarrassed of herself and playing with the gold ring on her finger.

'You know what pissed me off the most, smartass.' Clarisse said walking towards Y/n and putting a finger under her chin so her eyes met Clarisses. 'Was the fact I hurt you.' an expression of confused feel over Y/n. 'I don't care if you used our relationship as a way to win, I'm actually proud of you for that, very good battle strategy, Athena would be proud. What I'm mad about is that you let me hurt you, you let me cause you pain. I never, ever, want to cause you pain so the fact that you let me cause you pain makes me mad.'

'I'm sorry.' Y/n muttered, looking up at Clarisse.

'And I forgive you, but never let me hurt you ever again. Especially not for something like capturing the flag.' Clarisse pressed a gentle kiss on her cut cheek, then she pulled her in for a proper kiss.