Coffee Shop Studying

She was sitting in the cafe, her laptop open, highlighting notes in her work book, a half drunk iced coffee on the table and an empty plate that had a few crumbs left. She had layered hair that sat on her shoulders with a few streaks of red scattered through the dark black and two larger streaks in the front. Wearing a red baggy shirt, black shorts, fishnets, black leather boots, and a black and red flannel hoodie. Smudged black eyeliner on the outer corner of her eyes, making the green pop. She had headphones on and looked completely in her own world.

Clarisse looked around trying to find somewhere to sit but the cafe was full. She saw a girl sitting at a table by herself, with a laptop and book. There was a free seat so she walked over.

'Excuse me,' The girl looked up from her book, pushing some hair out of her eyes. 'Is someone sitting here?'

'No, please sit.' Clarisse did and put her coffee down. 'This place is always super busy.'

'Yeah, must mean it's good.'

'I guess, but it's mostly because it's the closest cafe to the Cohorts.' The girl laughed, closing her laptop and books, pushing them to the side.

'That's fair, so, what's your name?' Clarisse asked, taking a sip of her coffee.

'Y/n Y/l/n, daughter of Vulcan, and yours?'

'Clarisse La Rue, daughter of Ares.' Y/n giggled to herself after hearing she was a greek. 'What's so funny, Vulcan girl?'

'Nothing, just I've been running into a lot of Greeks recently. Ever since that Percy boy transferred to the college, this place has been getting more and more Greeks.' Y/n explained, which made Clarisse smile.

'Yeah, that boy has a cult following at camp half-blood. He does something half the camp follows.'

'So are you one of his cult members then?" Y/n joked.

'Gods no. I heard this place had better combat training.'

The two laughed together for a couple hours, talking about the most random of things. Y/n then showed Clarisse all the best spots around New Rome and where her apartment was. They had a drink before Clarisse left for her dorm. Neither of them wanted her to go but both were so scared to ask to stay. Y/n knew she'd be seeing her again and Clarisse was going to make sure of it. On her walk back to her dorm she began thinking of what that type of girl would enjoy doing on a date.