Ch1

NADIA:

An overdose, why am I not surprised, he was always fond of the drugs and his drink, and he also liked the bottles as well.

Especially to hurt me with them.

But, Mike wasn't always like this, he only started hurting me when I was about seven, I dropped a plate and he punished me, and it got worse from there.

Then his wife, she died months before of alcohol poisoning, she's was also fond of her drink. I never knew her name but I always called her momma.

Mike told me to call him by his name or sir.

Now, I am currently sitting in the back of a cop car, I came home from school to find my 'father' passed out on the floor, I thought he passed out, but oh how wrong was I.

When we got to the station, the officer wanted me to take a DNA test to see if I have any family, I doubt I do, I was told everyone died and I only survived, I didn't believe him, but a part of me thought he was telling the truth.

My body was in pain, my arm hurt, my head was spinning, I couldn't feel my ankle properly, and my back was killing me, I slid down against the hard, cool wall and sighed, the cold wall was slightly cooling the bruises and cuts on my back.

I closed my eyes and leaned my head against the wall, I heard movement from beside me and I quickly opened my eyes, in fear of something might happen.

The officer who took me from my house walked in slowly and smiled.

"I have some good news for you!" He said with a smile on his face, I looked up at him with a confused look plastered on my face, he knelt down and came closer to me, and I pushed away subconsciously.

"What is it?" I asked quietly, my voice deceiving me with how fearful I sound. He smiled gently at me and gently took off his jacket, oh no.

I shook gently in fear and due to the cold, the officer gently wrapped his jacket around me and I held it close to me. "So I have good news for you as I have already said" he explained.

I looked at him and gently nodded to him for him to continue.

"We took your DNA sample to a lab and we found out you have a family, they live in Italy and if you like, I can give them a call" he stated.

I froze.

I have a family?

No, they're dead, they all died.

That's what I have been told, should I believe the officer?

I looked over to him gently and gave him a nod.

"You can call them"

Time skip:

The officer walked back into the waiting area, I still had his jacket around me because of how cold I was, he had a smile on his face and he knelt down again.

"I called your family and they should be here in the next few hours, thou can get some sleep if you want or you can stay awake" he suggested.

I wanted to sleep, but then I would be vulnerable, so I decided to stay awake. "I'll stay awake" I mumbled, sleep lacing my voice.

The officer looked at me with a look I couldn't make out, before smiling at me and standing back up.

"Ok, you can sleep if you want, I'll grab you a blanket so you can sleep for a little if you would like" he smiled before walking out the door, leaving it open so I wouldn't be scared.

I stood up carefully and walked over to my small bag I had from the house and picked it up, I took out my old stuffy that I have had since I was young, it helps me sleep so I brought it with me.

I didn't have much with me, just some hoodies, probably about three, two or three pairs of leggings and my shoes, I have underwear and socks, but that's all I really have.

The nice officer came back to me and handed me a huge blanket, I whispered a small thank you and I held it close to me, he nodded his head and left once again.

I walked back over to the wall and slid down the wall again, I held my teddy close to me and I sighed.

How is my family going to treat me?

Will they like me?

What is going to happen?

Will they get rid of me?

So many thoughts were running through my head, I tried to keep my eyes open, I couldn't fall asleep, I couldn't be vulnerable.

But my body deceived me.

I couldn't open my eyes anymore, I let the darkness take over.

((((
The first chapter is done!

The photo is what her stuffy looks like^^

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

The photo is what her stuffy looks like^^