Ch40

NADIA:
Once we finished our ice cream, we both walked out and Matteo opened the door for me before he went over to his side. When he turned on his jeep, he turned to me with a smile. "I have another little thing planned" he smiled.

Before I could ask, Matteo quickly shushed me. "Don't ask questions" he laughed. I huffed and pretended to sulk. Matteo laughed at me and drove off to the next location. I'm glad I told Matteo about my past and why my life is so complicated.

When we got to the next destination, Matteo helped me out of the jeep again and covered my eyes, I laughed and shook my head but kept going with it. We walked for a while until we suddenly stopped and he uncovered my eyes.

"Really!" I squealed. Matteo laughed and nodded. "I know you've been stressed and I also know you've always wanted to go stargazing so, I hope you like it" he smiled with a slight tint of blush on his cheeks.

We walked over to the blankets and lay down. I looked up and saw a beautiful night sky. There were stars and the moon was easy to see. I put my head on Matteo's shoulder and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. Kissing my head. I felt a slight wind pick up and shivered a tiny bit. But of course he noticed.

"You cold?" He asked. I nodded a bit. "Yeah. Due to the slight wind." I laughed. He picked up one of the blankets and wrapped it around both of us.
"Better?" He asked with a smirk plastered on his face. "Much better" I giggled with a nod.

We kept looking at the stars. Cuddled up together.
My head was laying on Matteo's chest while looking up at the stars. "It's so beautiful tonight." I whispered slowly looking up at Matteo with a small smile. "It really is beautiful tonight" he whispered back.

"How do you think my brothers will be with me being out so late" I asked with a small laugh, Matteo laughed but I could feel him tense a bit, getting worried about me going home to my family and my protective brothers.

"I'd say it'll be fine" he sighed, I sat up and lay on my stomach looking down at the smirking Matteo, he opened his eyes and I burst out laughing at how funny he looked.

While in my fit of laughter, Matteo shook my shoulders and I calmed down. "What?" I asked, still calming down from laughing. "Look up" I heard Matteo whisper.

I looked up and saw a huge shooting star. I looked up in awe and Matteo laughed. "It's amazing" I gasped. "It really is" he whispered. "Make a wish!" I exclaimed looking back up to the shooting star and making a wish myself. "I wish you'd be my girlfriend" I heard Matteo whisper from beside me. I looked up at him in shock.

"You serious?" I whispered, unsure if he was serious or not. He nodded and smiled. "Would you be my girlfriend?" He asked. I quickly nodded and hugged him. He laughed and hugged me back.

When we pulled away. We both slowly leans in and kissed, I was shocked at first, but slowly eases into the kiss, if felt right. Once we pulled away. Matteo jumped up and ran around the garden. Shouting and yelling from excitement.

I doubled over laughing at how cute he looked, Matteo ran back over to me and sat back down beside me. "You don't know how long I have wanted to do that" he laughed, Matteo wrapped his arm around me and held me close to him.

This feels really, really nice, I'm glad I said yes to this date and said yes to being his girlfriend. I am so happy, especially with my family, my friends and now Matteo.

We stayed a little longer until it got too late to stay out. We cleaned up the blankets and grabbed everything we brought with us. "Thank you for bringing me on this date, I really enjoyed it" I said with a beaming smile.

Matteo smiled back before walking over to the side door and opening it for me. "It was my pleasure to take you on this date and I'm glad you said yes, because if you said no, it would be really awkward right about now" he laughed, scratching the back of his head.

It was comfortable silence on the drive home, we were both tired from today and we were both completely comfortable. I knew my parents were going to be awake and I don't know about my brothers, I kind of hope they aren't up because I will constantly be teased about it.

When we got to my house, I grabbed my bag and Matteo got out with me. "I have something for you" he whispered, because of how close we were to each other. He leaned forward and pulled out a hoodie from the back, the hoodie he was wearing today.

He put the hoodie over my head and I smelled his cologne from the hoodie. "Thank you" I whispered back, us still being very close, Matteo smiled and leaned in again and gently placed his lips on mine, and of course, I returned the favour.

After we ran out of breath, we pulled away from each other and we couldn't stop smiling. "I have to go since it's a school night, but I can't wait to see you tomorrow" he explained.

"Oh wait I want to give you these before you head inside" he explains before taking out five keychains from his pocket and handed them to me. "Aww thank you, I love them" I smiled.

We said our goodbyes and I walked into the house, I placed my bag down and when I turned around, I saw my family staring at me with all smirks on their faces.

"We have a lot to talk about" Toni said with a smile, before I could disagree, Dad stepped in. "That can wait until tomorrow, now everyone to bed" I quickly said goodnight to my parents and brothers and went up to bed.

I don't think I have ever been this happy.
(((((((

Ahh, they're together!!
The book is ending soon so hope you guys enjoyed reading it so far!!