Ch18

3RD:
The Romano family were all in the waiting room of the hospital, Nadia was immediately sent to ICU due to how bad she was, and they got her to the hospital in time.

If not, the results would be fatal. They don't know what Nadia went through, they don't know if she had or has any internal problems, if she did. It would be fatal.

Eli was pacing around the room, waiting on the results of Nadia's scan. He wanted to know if his baby's sister is ok "Why haven't they come and said anything? What is taking so long?" Eli sighed, now sitting down beside his twin.

Nico slowly wrapped his around Eli and pulled him closer to him. He knew how close Eli and Nadia were so he knew how nervous and scared he was. Everyone could see how bad Eli was, he wasn't hiding it.

After a few minutes, the doctor came in with some news. Hopefully it is good news and not the type of good new bad news, just good news.

"She had an infection in some of her scars, especially the ones on her back-" Dr Michaels explained. But before he could finish his sentence, Dominic cut him off. Wanting to know more on the infection she had on her back.

"Which ones on her back?" He asked quietly. How did no one notice it? If it was bad, then someone must have noticed it or something.

"The one that was on the top of her back, she had a big cut on her back that never healed properly" he explained to the family. He said it a plainly as he could, he didn't want to worry the family anymore and he knew how much they cared for her.

"Why was she getting sick then?" Eli asked, not looking up from the floor. "She had too much in her stomach, she's severely malnourished, and even though her eating habits are better, her stomach can't take a lot"

"The temperature rise was because of the infection, we have it all under control now" he explained. He didn't want the family under any sort of pressure or worry. So he said it all at once.

Everyone took a sigh of relief knowing their baby is ok. "Can I go see her?"  Eli asked quietly, almost too quietly.

The doctor nodded and told Eli the room number, after he heard the number, he sprinted out of the waiting room and ran to Nadia's room.

Once he was at the door, he gently knocked on the door and heard a quiet almost silent 'come in' He slowly opened the door and saw a half-asleep Nadia on a hospital bed, she had wires in her arms for fluids and antibiotics. He smiled at her, seeing she was now better than before.

"Hey honey, how are you feeling?" Eli asked walking over to the small girl. Nadia smiled and looked down at her hand, which Eli was now holding.

"How are you feeling?" Eli asked again gently. Nadia smiled at him and sat up, Eli helped her see she was in pain. She didn't want to bug him with anything so she pretended she was ok, but Eli could see right her.

"I'm ok, I forgot about the cut at the top of my back, I'm sorry" Eli frowned, she shouldn't be apologising, she was the one who had her childhood stripped away from her, and she apologises?

It should be him apologising to her. Not the other way around. She shouldn't be the one apologising to her family, they should be the ones apologising to her. If only they found her sooner.

Eli wrapped his arm around Nadia and held her close to him. "I should be the one apologising to you" he mumbled quietly.

Nadia shook her head and was going to deny it, but he sent her a small playful glare and she shut up, causing both of them to laugh.

Soon enough her family were all in the hospital room with her. And her dad had a small smile on his face. Which made everyone confused. "What are you so happy about?" Antonio asked, everyone's attention was now focused on Dominic.

"I got an email today and Nadia is now officially a Romano" he smiled. Nadia started crying, while everyone was cheering. She couldn't believe she actually had a family instead of constant foster families every few months.

"You ok nads?" Eli asked, seeing her upset, she nodded gently and wiped her eyes gently. "I'm ok, I'm just glad I have a family now" Nadia smiled.

Dominic and Noelle walked over to Nadia and Eli moved away. They both hugged Nadia and her tears calmed down.

She doesn't have to fear getting punished or having no food anymore. She has a family that she knows will take care of her and they will look after her no matter what happens.

She's finally home.
(((((

Ahh! Hope it's ok!