Ch21

ELI:
Once we got home from the shopping mall. I gently picked up a now-sleeping, Nadia and held her close to me. I didn't want her to wake up because he hadn't been getting that much sleep recently.

She's been off since she's been sick. This is understandable since her little body can't handle that much energy being lost all at once. She needs all the sleep she needs. Then we'll get her back to eating more larger meals. Just small amounts at a time first.

I walked inside and placed Nadia in her room, taking off her shoes and putting her under the covers, putting her stuffy beside her and leaving her door open a little so she knows we were still in the house when she woke up.

I hope she's ok, I don't want her going through too much stress. But what happened at the shopping mall? She saw someone that made her scared, which wasn't a good thing, I don't know what made her so scared but whoever it was, better stay away from her.

I don't want anyone messing with my Nadia. If they do, they'll have to come through all her brothers, her parents and all of our family first before he even goes near mi Stella
(Star)

I walked back down to the sitting room where everyone else was waiting. Dad told us we were going to have a family meeting, to try and see what is going to happen with our business and what is happening with Nadia going to school.

I walked in and saw everyone except Dad and Mom sitting down on the couches "Right, let's they this started" Dad said starting off the conversation. We all looked over to our dad and he started talking about the business.

We could all talk in English because Nadia wasn't around us. We don't want her finding out about the mafia business. that would not end well if she did find out.

We had a quick meeting about the mafia business and then we started talking about Nadia going to school personally for me I think it is a good idea but not everyone sees it that way.

"I don't think she's ready" Noah stated out of bluntness. He just didn't want her going to the school. "You just don't want her going to school with us because nobody knows that she's our sister" I defended, gesturing to me and Nico.

Nico agreed with me he wanted Nadia to go to school as well. She deserves the education. "It's not that I'm saying I don't want people knowing she's a sister. I just want to make sure she's safe and she's okay, you saw what happened when she saw that man in the shopping mall" Noah defended himself

Which is fair, but I want her going to school with us, so we know she will be safe, we will all be either at school or at work, so she's going to be stuck in the house on her own.

Which is in no way happening. After a few minutes of us, arguing back and forwards. Mom and Dad finally stood in. "Ok! Noah, I understand that you don't want her to feel unsafe, but she's going to be in the house on her own, if she doesn't go to school, how would that be more safer?" Dad explained to Noah.

"Also, I get where you're coming from Nico and Eli, but we also have to make sure Nadia is okay with it, we have to make sure she doesn't feel like we are forcing her to go to school" Mom stepped in.

What our parents were saying, was fair and understandable, but I just wanted Nadia to have a chance to not currently be reminded of her past or be known as that girl.

Soon enough, we ended the conversation and Nadia came downstairs, she looks very tired, and she was very pale, which we all realised

She hasn't eaten anything today 

Shit

I gently walked over to her and picked her up. I brought her into the kitchen and Saturday and on the island asking her what does she want to eat, while everyone else was in the kitchen, either getting food for themselves or looking at me and Nadia, mainly Nadia.

"Um I am not sure I'm not really that hungry" Nadia mumbled quietly. I understood that she was used to not being allowed to eat but not in this house.

This house is different

We eventually agreed on a small little stir fry, and Dad started making it for the family. I already knew Nadia didn't want a lot of food, so when the stir fry was ready, I give her a smaller portion than everyone else's.

We all sat down at the dining table and dug into the food. Nadia was eating a good amount, which was really good to see, I'm glad that she's overcoming her past, and she's not letting it take over her life.

Mom and Dad had a conversation with Nadia after dinner to see if she was comfortable going to school, and of course, she said yes, she really wanted to go.

It's only June, so she has another few months before we go back to school and she starts school so we're gonna make this summer. The best summer she's ever had and the best memories she will always remember us by

And that is a promise we can all make to her. Antonio, Alexei, Noah, Nico and I are planning to bring Nadia, everywhere this summer.

And that is a promise we can fulfil
(((((((
Writing more longer chapters since my exams finished yesterday I am so glad I am finished exams and I'm free for the summer.

:)