Chapter 7

Chara's POV.

"Fucking finally." I said as we got out of the class. My brain was hurting because all of these numbers. "Who the fuck decided to put letters in Maths ?" Y/N said, grunting as he rubbed his head as well, I smiled as I knew that I wasn't alone in this state. "Come on, it's easy." Daniel said, smirking, seemed like he was proud. "You just don't try." Frisk said, joining Daniel's words.

"Now there's two maths freaks, yay." Y/N said, seemingly faking his happy voice. "Couldn't be more right." I said, but I smiled at Y/N. I didn't know why in the first place I wanted to smile at him, but I just did. He looked at me and smiled back at me, seeing his smile was making me... safe, happy. 

'Don't forget the dust.' A thought came into my mind. I shook my head as I wanted to dismiss that putrid thought, I've changed. I'm not like that anymore. 'You can't hide your true self.' A second thought came, this time I closed my eyes. Shut up. Please just shut up. 

Then I felt a hand on my shoulder, I quickly opened my eyes and jerked the hand off my shoulder. I regained my focus and I saw that it was Y/N's hand that I jerked off. "Are you good, Chara ?" He asked me, with a hint of worry on his face. "Y-Yeah, sorry, just had a sudden headache." I said, still feeling like shit after those thoughts. "Wanna go to the infirmary ?" He kindly asked to me. Once again I looked into his eyes and I just found slight concern for me. 'You don't deserve it.' Shut. Up. 

"No, it was a quick one, don't worry." I said, dismissing any worry he had for me. "Great, if it comes back, tell me, okay ?" He said while starting to walk where we wanted to go, to the cafeteria. "Sure, thanks for worrying." I said as I joined him. He just nodded and smiled at me. "Don't worry about it." He said. 

If only I could... 

No, Chara. You need to move on.

Y/N's POV.

"Again ? We had noodles yesterday !" Frisk exclaimed as she sat down near Chara, which was face to face with me. "I did say to you to not keep your hopes up." Daniel said, seating down next to me, facing Frisk. "But this time you didn't forget about the sauce." I said as I pointed to the overly ketchuped noodles in her plate. "And then you'll cry telling me you've gained weight." Chara said, shrugging. I did have to fight back a smile when she said that. 

"Chara ! It's supposed to say between us !" Frisk said, seemingly embarrassed due to her sister's comment. "Oops, sorry." Chara said with an unbothered voice. Then, I couldn't help but to laugh a bit. Then Frisk looked at me with embarrassed yet angry eyes. "Am I fat to you boys ?" Frisk asked me and Daniel, I just looked at her and sighed. "I won't say a word about that." I said as I started to eat my noodles. I knew that if I talked, even saying that she wasn't, she'll find a way to say the opposite. "It does mean that you find me fat." Frisk said as she pouted. "Whatever suits you the most." I said, scoffing as I tasted my noodles, they were really blend. 

*

"Eurh, why do we need to learn French ?" Frisk said as she got out, it was out last class of the day, fortunately enough I liked French. "That wasn't bad." Chara said as she put her bag on her shoulder. "You understood the class ?" Daniel asked Chara, which just nodded to respond. "Great, two French geniuses." Daniel said, mimicking our state after the Maths class. "Oh come on, French is easy, you understand the worst language out here, which is those cursed formulas." I said as we made our way towards the exit. 

Then, a guy walked right in Chara's shoulder, making her stumble. As I saw her falling bit by bit, I grabbed her hand, which prevented her from falling. "Are you good ?" I asked the red-eyed girl. She seemed stunned for a bit, but after a few seconds, she came back to us and was on her two feet rapidly. "Yeah, thanks." She said, I smiled to her as I looked at the dude who pushed her. 

... Of course it would be him.

"Quite chivalrous, Y/N." He said, his voice was irritating enough, but seeing him was in a whole another level. "Just go, Jude." I said as I started to walk away. Then I looked at my left to see that Chara, Frisk and Daniel were looking at me. "Trying to look for the ladies ?" He said with a grin that I wanted to wipe out of his face. "I'm just trying to not beat your ass." I said, grunting. He was somewhat surprised that I didn't have any patience for him, unlike the other times.

"Why don't you come closer and say it to me then." He said, I knew that it wasn't worth the effort, so I just scoffed and began to, once again, walk away. I did promise that I won't fight anymore. 

"If it was Owen, I'm sure you would already be starting a fight." He suddenly said, and then I stopped. Images started to spawn inside my mind, of that day, of those days. The pain I felt, the anger I felt. "Don't talk about him." I said, my voice completely stripped from any emotions. "Or what ?" He said, I gritted my teeth while I was doing my best to ignore him. I could feel their eyes looking at me with worry. Even more coming from Daniel. I took a deep breath and I started to turn my body around. "So you're that guy huh ?" Chara's voice suddenly stopped me. She was looking ... angry.

"I have a name you know, you heard it." He said with a creepy smile. "Yeah, but I think the name 'Cunt' would be better for you." Chara said with a proud voice. Then, Jude's smile was quickly thrown away, only to be replaced by a frown. "What did you just say to me ?" He said, I couldn't help to laugh. "She called you a cunt, quite fitting for you isn't it ?" Daniel said, smiling a bit. "I think the name 'bitch' would be great as well." Frisk decided to join in, I couldn't help to laugh. "Damn, talk about names, those are great !" I said as I looked at him, he seemed pissed off. But then, he turned around and started to walk away.

*

I took a deep breath and started to manage my anger. Then I smiled to my friends. "Those were great, thanks." I said as we started to walk outside. "And you had to deal with that guy for that long ?" Chara asked. "Yep, since 7 years." I said, which made Chara and Frisk sighed. "Did you fight him at one point ?" Frisk asked, I could only nod as the fight was ... something I'd rather not remember.

I looked at Daniel and he looked down, I could tell that he didn't want to remember that fight as well. "Sorry, I shouldn't have asked." Frisk apologized, then Daniel laughed a bit and punched playfully her right shoulder. "Don't be, that's the past." He said as I could clearly see that he was still thinking of that day. 

Then Chara looked at me, and I could see that she was a little bit worried, so I decided to smile at her. "It's alright, don't worry about it." I said, she nodded and smiled slightly as well. "Next time, I'll kick his shit-filled mouth." Chara said, I couldn't resist to laugh loudly at her words. "Chara !" Frisk exclaimed, seemingly shocked by her sister's words. "That's the spirit !" I said, as I laughed a bit saying those words. 

*

**

*

It was night as I was scrolling through Twitter mindlessly. I felt myself tired so I turned off my phone and put the charger into the socket for it. Once the phone showed that it was being charged, I put it besides my pillow and then I closed my eyes. And then I started to feel ... lonely. It was the first time it happened since a long, long time. I wonder what changed. Then I laughed to myself.

I knew who changed that.