Chapter 25

Chara's POV.

Fear. That was a feeling that I didn't feel in a long time. So long that I even forgot it. 

But when I saw Y/N fighting, manipulating his magic, giggling and laughing, I felt it once again. I wasn't afraid of him especially. But I was afraid of his magic. 

Full of hatred, pain, sorrow, regret, and bloodlust. 

It was at this moment that I learned why Y/N hated his magic. It was because it was fueled by those cursed feelings. But it was strong, really strong, too strong even.

That Toby, he could make use unable to use magic with his trick. But he used it on Y/N, and he wasn't even fazed by it. 

His magic, even if it was filled with such a negative impact, was spectacular. He perfectly knew how to use it. It was like a perfectly calculated machinery. No hiccups, no hesitation. It was pure intellect from him. No, not intellect. It was instinct. 

Even with all that in my thoughts, once I saw Y/N fell. I wasn't afraid of his magic, but afraid of something else. 

Afraid of losing him.

I could hear him muttering something as he brought his hand to the sky, but soon enough, his hand fell on the grass. "Oh God, Y/N !" I yelled as I ran towards him. "I'll call him." I heard Frisk behind me say. Daniel ran aside of me and once we were close enough, we could see his face.

A face completely blank. 

"Hang on buddy." Daniel said as we were closer to him, but then as we looked at Y/N, we saw him closing his eyes.

"Sorry guys." Y/N as as we arrived near him. Then, I crouched and put his head on my knees. "Wake up Y/N !" I yelled as I slapped his face numerous times. But that didn't wake him up. I instinctively put my fingers on his carotid to feel his heartbeat. There was one, but weak, too weak that I didn't even felt it directly. 

"Frisk please !" I yelled towards her as I saw her on the phone. I could see her worried expression from here. Then, after a few seconds I could see her running towards us. Then, without a second to spare, I saw a brilliant green magic surrounding her hands, putting it on Y/N's body.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck." Frisk repeatedly said. I looked at her and saw that her left eye was twitching. A rictus I've learn from her in the Underground, where she was under intense stress and magic exhaustion. How come Frisk was already tired ?

Then, I heard someone walking towards us, I looked at the sound and saw that bag of bones. "No time to spare, take my hands." Sans said as Daniel and me put our hands on his left arm. Frisk held his right arm. Then he put his right hand on Y/N. "Close your eyes." He said, warning us. I closed my eyes and felt that I wasn't on the ground anymore.

Then, after a second, I felt the ground under me again, but without the grass.

"MOM !" I yelled as Sans grabbed Y/N with his gravity, and put him on the couch once again. "What happened to you kids ?" Sans asked but I ignored it as I made my way towards Y/N. I checked his pulse once again and felt nearly nothing. His heartbeat was even weaker than before.

"Why did you called for me ?" Mom said, I looked at her and felt that tears was falling on my cheeks. She went from a natural expression to a worried one. "What happened ?" She asked as she quickly made her way towards Y/N and started to heal him. "I'll tell you later, just help him please." I said as I chocked on my words as I cried.

That was the first time since Asriel that I cried in front of anybody. In fact, that was the first time I cried for someone else since I died. 

I couldn't help it, Y/N was the only one who treated me like another normal human being. The only one who told me that my eyes were beautiful. The only one who jumped in front of me to save me.