Chapter 39

That was a great thing that Chara was there with me. That fucking weird pressure from earlier, the headache produced by it, and that feeling of being observed. I felt like I was being monitored. As if whatever watched me took notes and studied me.

Or might as well be my paranoia being amplified by something I couldn't care less. 

I looked at Chara and I saw the same hesitant expression on her face. She wanted to do or say something but couldn't muster up the courage to do so. 

I looked down and saw that our hands was still intertwined, so I decided to give a bit of a squeeze and brush the top of her hand with my thumb. She looked at me and I smiled warmly at her.

"Do you have something to ask ?" I asked gently, then her expression went from hesitant to surprised, then calmed down to a gentle smile. She rubbed the back of her head and laughed a bit tensely.

"Do ask, you can ask anything don't worry." I said as I smiled once more at her. She sighed and seemed to relax one more. She stopped and looked at me, well, looked at my face but not my eyes. 

She's still stressed, her question is that risky ?

"What do ..." She started but then stopped, I looked at her free hand and, like my tic, it was trembling slightly. Without a thought I brought my free hand to her, and grabbed it gently.

"As I said Cherry, you can ask anything. You do know that I won't be mad over words." I said as I looked at her in the eyes, her blush grew up and spread as I said the new nickname. To be honest, I just blurted it out. 

Once again she took a deep breath and looked at me, directly in the eyes this time. "What do you think about humanity ?" She finally asked her question, but I couldn't help but to laugh a bit.

"So much struggle for that question ?" I said jokingly. Chara looked at me with seemingly mean eyes, but it made her cuter than before.

"Answer to it." She said, more like ordered with a stern tone. 

"Humanity as a whole is a blight. There's no denying that." I said as I looked ahead of me. "People uses other people for their gains and then discard them as if they were just a dirty sock." I continued as I started to, once again, have that peak of anger poking my soul.

"People are just selfish sentient being who tries to have the best life while making other hates theirs." I spat in anger as it was increasing. I sighed as I didn't want to be angry near her.

"But, as for everything, there's bad, an incredible amount of bad. But there's a tiny bit of good too. I'd like to think that I know at least four good people." I said as I looked at Chara. She smiled a bit and bumped my left shoulder with her right one, coming at my side.

"And who are those four chosen by you ?" She said, with the tone she used, she expected me to say her. 

I mean, she was right.

"Frisk, Daniel, my dad and you." I said without a hint of hesitation. She looked at me and smiled. "Is that an unranked list ?" She said, while once again bumping me softly into my shoulder. "As they say 'last but not least.' Am I right ?" I said as I bumped her shoulder a bit. Then her face fell down a bit, as if I did say something that she didn't want to hear.

"I'm not even close to a good person." She whispered and I managed to hear it. I was a bit surprised as she said something familiar yesterday at her house. 

I already know it, they have something to hide. Something big.

"What did you said ?" I asked, even though I heard her, I didn't want her to know it. "Nothing, don't worry." She said as she seemed down. I decided to drop the act a bit and suddenly hugged her. 

She seemed really surprised as she tensed up. 

"Chara, I don't know why you think lowly of yourself. I don't know how it came into existence, but frankly, I don't give a fuck." I started, she tensed even more at my words. "You helped me numerous times, it seems that you don't understand how much you're helping me, just in this day alone you helped me quite a bit." I said as I broke the hug, then I looked at Chara's face and saw that she had two single tears flowing on her cheeks.

"So you better start telling yourself that you're awesome or I'll annoy you with it until you accept it." I said as I wiped her tears, once I did that she took my hand with her and she brought it to her cheek, making me cup her left one. "And what if it'll take a long time ?" She asked while looking me in the eyes. Her voice was completely different, it was sweet and alluring. "Then I won't give up on it." I said, being hypnotized by her. 

"What if it'll take a life time to do it ?" She said. Sweet, alluring, her voice made me want to stay with her. "Then I'll tell you a life time worth." I said without thinking. 

Then she smiled, her warmth of her smile and the sweetness of her eyes. The genuine happiness beaming through her face. My heart who skipped a beat. I knew Chara was special to me, as she was that special friend.

But that feeling, it was new to me, but I heard stories about it a lot of times. 

If that love ?

"I'll take your words on it then, don't regret it." She said as she started to walk ahead, to the fast-food. I walked alongside as I smiled to myself. "How could I regret it." I whispered as I was actually forgetting about that shitty morning.

All due to her presence in my life.

"Took you long enough." Frisk said as Chara and I re-united with our friends. "Says the girl who did go without saying anything." I said as I sighed. Daniel tried to stifle his laugh, but when Frisk looked at him, he just let out a small but happy laugh. "You're dicks." Frisk said, then I laughed a bit. "Is that our new identity ?" I asked as we entered the fast-food. Frisk humph'd and Daniel and Chara laughed at that. I smiled as I saw my friends being happy.

*

"That was good." Frisk said as we walked out. She patted her belly and smiled. "That fried chicken will remain undefeated." Daniel said, I only nodded and a part of me wanted to go back inside to eat another one. "Thinking about it is making me hungry again." I said as I looked back at the restaurant.

"Let's not eat again please." Chara said, she didn't finish her order so I had to eat it, not that I disliked it. "A hamburger and some french fries is too much for you ?" I asked her with a small smile. She smiled back and flipped it off. I laughed at that. "Then what's too much for you, you ate half of my fries and a bit of my burger after finishing yours. Faster than all of us." She said, faking the hopeless vibe.

"That's what I said, that guy is an unit when it comes to food." Daniel said, patting my belly. I scoffed at his gesture. "We'll put my food limit to the test one day. Just need to pick a good place." I said as I smiled.

Then, the magic shifted a bit in the air, I recognized the pressure but the guy hided it, then I looked behind me and saw him, standing a few feet apart. My hand tightened all alone as I looked at that bitch.

"What's a good place, Y/N ?"