Chapter 8

I woke up as I heard my the tune of my alarm. I turned it off and then looked at the time. 7:10 

"Fuck I'm late." I said as I quickly got up, already grabbing my clothes and rushing at the door. Then I rushed downstairs only to see that dad was sleeping soundly in the couch. I smiled as I regained focus and I rushed into the bathroom.

I quickly showered myself and brushed my teeth, I didn't even bother waiting for my hair to be fully dry so my shirt was a bit wet at the collar. Then I took my spare of the home's keys and go outside.

I once again looked at the time on my phone, 7:27. Good, that's usually the time where I get off to school. I took a small breath and began to walk towards school. 

"Y/N !" I heard a feminine voice behind me, closer than yesterday. I looked behind me and it was Chara and Frisk, of course, it was Frisk who yelled. "Oh, hey." I said as I waited for them. Once they were close enough, I smiled a bit at the sisters and nodded. They smiled and nodded back at me.

"Why are your hair wet ?" Frisk asked. I just laughed a bit as I clearly remember it, from 10 minutes ago. "Woke up late, decided to rush." I said as I felt that my belly did make some noises. "And you forgot to eat as well." Chara said, I rubbed the back of my neck and smiled a bit. "I only drink milk in the morning, normally it's enough for me." I said as Chara was searching for something in her bag. Then her face lit up when she found something. She took it and then put it right against my face. "Here, eat this." She said as she literally shoved the item in my face.

"Fankfs." I said as my cheek was being pushed at. Then I grabbed the said item, only to see that it was a chocolate candy, more precisely, a Snickers. "Chara giving her chocolate away ?!" Frisk exclaimed, she seemed more than surprised. "Huh ?" I looked at her dumbfounded, then Frisk sighed. "Chocolate is her favorite thing to eat since a long time. She wouldn't even give me a piece of her chocolate too." Frisk said, it was more a statement rather than her whining. 

"I can't accept it then." I said as I returned the Snickers to Chara. "And why not ?" Chara asked, then I scoffed as for me, it was pretty obvious. "If chocolate is your favorite candy, I can't take it away from you." I said, then she seemed somewhat pissed a bit. "If I offered it to you, then I don't mind." She said, giving me the chocolate bar again. I could only sigh as I felt that she won't take no as an answer. "Okay, thanks for your kindness, Chara." I said, smiling at her. She blushed a tiny bit but smiled at me in return. "Let's say it's a thanks for my locket." She said as I unwrapped the chocolate bar. Then I took it out and snapped the thing in half, giving the other, but bigger, half to Chara.

"Please take it otherwise I'll feel bad." I said as I looked at her in the eyes, which seemed to surprise her. Then she sighed and took the half I was willing to give her. "That's better." I said as I ate the thing.

*

**

*

"And this time it's rice. I kinda start to miss Mom's cooking." Frisk said as she sat down, just like yesterday. "Don't complain when it was you who wanted to go here." Chara said as Frisk only whined. "She does have a point there." I said, agreeing with Chara on that point. "Don't be mean. Defend me Daniel." Frisk said, Daniel was brought to this while having a fork filled with rice to his mouth. "Why me ?" He said as he swallowed his poorly cooked rice. "Because you're the only one who's not mean." She said, pouting. My friend was looking lost as he didn't care about her childish charade. "Umm, stop please ?" Daniel said, sounding lost, I just laughed at his words. 

*

**

*

The rest of the say went flawlessly as possible. Right now I'm on my way towards the convenience store as I craved some ramen. Then on the way, ahead of me was a person who wore a green hoodie with the hood one, weird, the weather was quite nice. But then I didn't bother as I just wanted ramen.

As I entered the convenience store, I quickly saw that green hoodie person and in fact, I knew her, since 3 days. I began to make my way towards her as she was looking for something.

"What do you need ma'am ?" I said as I was behind her. But she was startled and tried to put her hand on my neck, but she stopped as she saw that it was me. "Fuck Y/N, don't scare me like that." Chara said, wiping imaginary sweat on her forehead. I just laughed a bit. "Sorry if I scared you, but my question remains." I said, she sighed as she looked at me. "I want some ramen, but I don't know where is it." She said. I laughed a bit again and she looked at me, having a perplex expression. "Follow me, I'll show you the goods." I said as I started to walk towards the ramen place.

*

"I didn't know there were so much flavor." She said as she took out the two beef ramens she bought. "And yet you didn't even took the best one." I said as I put my three chicken curry ramen in my bag. "I started to think we would be friends, but no you prefer chicken." She said as she began to walk away, probably to her home. "That's sad." I only said as I followed her.

We walked alongside without talking to each other, and for some reason,  it made me uncomfortable. I mean, I was fine walking with Daniel and not talking to him. But then, I wasn't fine when it was with Chara. I shook my head mentally as I searched for a certain topic to discuss about. 

"First time going into that store ?" I asked her, why the hell was I nervous ? "Yeah, normally it's Frisk who goes there. But she was busy with political stuff." She said as she shrugged. "That's tough." I said, she nodded as she looked at me. "Y/N, you don't hate monsters right ?" She asked, then it was my turn to shrug. "I never talked to one to be honest, but I don't hate them. They're living being just like us after all." I said, I could see her expression changing to serious to smiling. Then I found myself looking at her smile, why do I find her smile cute ?

Then, a certain feeling started to rise in me. I could feel something, something magical. It was near us, and it didn't give me a good feeling. I started to look around to see if I could see the source. Then, I saw a black vehicle driving next to us, dark tainted windows. Then I knew something, one of us was a target, and it wasn't me. 

Suddenly, I saw a spell being launched since the car's window, and it was targeting her.

"Get down !" I said as I took Chara in my arms and ducked down to protect her. Then I felt a sharp pain in my right shoulder. "Shit, get us the fuck out of here !" I could hear muffled voice coming from that black car as it drove away from us. 

"Shit." I said as I sat down, looking at my right shoulder, I saw a purple spike impaling it. It wasn't thin, but wasn't thick either. "Oh my god, Y/N ! Are you okay ?!" Chara asked, being panicked looking at me. "My shoulder have seen better days heh." I said as I got up, but suddenly, my vision was troubled and I wasn't standing still. 

"Here, I got you." Chara said, putting my left arm around her shoulders to support me. "Thanks, Chara." I thanked her, she looked ahead of us and we started walking. "Come on, I'll bring you in my home, my mom will heal you quickly." She said, her voice was calm yet panicked, I could just accept her help as I nodded to her.

Who were those guys ?