Chapter 29

"Are you sure ? I mean ..." Daniel trailed off. The two best friends looked at each other right in their eyes. Daniel's look was a look of incertitude, of pain and a light touch of fear.

As for Y/N, his look was ... unusual. Each time he remembered a bad thing, his eyes spewed sorrow and pain, as well as anger and hate. But that day, his eyes had nothing in them. Nothing but rage and bloodlust. Then the look changed to an unbothered look to make it seems that I hallucinated it.

But I did not. I was once familiar with those feelings, up to a point where I could discern them easily.

"They saw it, they felt it. They heard basically everything. That secret cannot be a secret anymore." He said with a dead voice. To be honest that voice scared me a bit.

The clear calm of him. The smooth but deadly honesty of his words. They had a power, they had presence.

As if I could touch them directly.

"Saw what ? Felt what ? Heard what ?" Dad said, he barely knew Y/N, so his voice was rather comforting, but that did not stick with his demanding words.

"Saw my magic. Felt how I used it. Heard words of my past experience with them." Y/N replied sharply. Dad's soft expression turned into a more solemn and serious one. 

"If you want Tori and I to leave the room, just tell us and we'll go." Dad kindly proposed an offer to Y/N, but the latter shook his head instantly. "I feel like, if you know now, it'll be better for the future, so please stay." Y/N calmly said as he looked in my eyes. 

"Are you ready to hear a poor man's past ?" He asked to everyone but looking only at me. 

"You don't need to tell your past with them, we know plenty already." I said, Frisk nodded as Y/N sighed. "No, I need to. You and Frisk clearly felt my magic, and how it came to be." He said, then Frisk was surprised, but I wasn't. At least, not as much as her.

"How ?" Frisk asked. He giggled and his giggle made me think of his twisted giggles of that fight. "Come on Frisk, it wasn't hard to check." He said as he sighed.

A long silence occurred right after his words as everyone looked at him with different eyes. But they all had one thing in common, I could feel sympathy in all of them.

"Lily was my sister. She was two years younger than me. She wasn't a troublemaker, but she wasn't calm either. She basically was the one who brought happiness in the house." He started to talk, his voice couldn't be dead anymore as I felt clear sadness in his voice, but he looked neutral.

"It happened 2 years ago, I was 16 and she was 14. I wasn't in the best shape as those fuckers would always try to do something to me and Daniel. His Awakening wasn't made to fight, it was the opposite of mine, and still is." He said as his eyes drafted to the ground. 

"I was getting home as I saw my sister going elsewhere. She said that she needed to do some errands as my dad asked her. She was happy because it would normally be me. So I just laughed as her enthusiasm and told her that if she had a problem, she'll call me." He paused as bit as his voice cracked a bit, as a reflex, I rubbed his back and waited for him to continue.

"But then, multiple hours passed and I didn't have any news on her. I asked my dad about it, and it was the same. So I rapidly got out and took the way towards that convenience store." He paused once again, then I could head a slight sob coming from him. I looked at his face but still not a single expression on it.

Nothing but tears flowing slowly on his cheeks.

"I searched for hours and hours to find absolutely nothing. I tried to call her countlessly but no answers. I was scared and panicked. Until I felt something in the air. I smelled blood, right next to me." He paused as he clenched his fists.