Chapter 19

I tried to die down the flow of memories coming into my brain as I walked silently with Daniel, Frisk and Chara. But I simply couldn't stop them. Those memories were the very core of my hatred, frustration, remorse. The very core of my magic. And that's why I hated it as well.

"Y/N ?" Chara's voice called me, which surprised me for a second then I looked at her. She had a worried look on her face, as well as Frisk. Daniel seemed to look at me with a sorry look. 

"Yeah, what's going on ?" I asked her, only for her to sigh. "I feel like you won't tell us." Chara said, even if her voice had a worried tone, I could clearly hear a semblance of frustration. Then, it was my turn to sigh.

"If it was that simple, I would explain." I said, lowly and gravely. Chara's face went from worried to surprised as she heard my voice. I looked at her and scoffed. "Come on, today's supposed to be fun." I said as I smiled at the sisters. They nodded and walked faster than me and Daniel.

"You sure you're alright ?" Daniel asked me, whispering. Once again I sighed and looked at the ground. "Fighting against them, using my magic against them. All the memories I tried to suppress are coming back." I explained while whispering. Daniel patted my shoulder and looked at me.

"I've been here for you since when we were little. That won't stop now." He said, I looked at him and laugh. "It was me who helped you most of the time." I said, he groaned. "Come on dude, I tried to be that supportive friend." He said, I smiled and walked a bit faster to catch up with the sisters. "Thanks dude." I said, smiling. He smiled back at me and nodded.

"How cruel." I said as Daniel and I was next to the sisters. "What ?" Frisk asked. "Didn't even waited for us." Daniel said, I nodded as Frisk and Chara seemed to be happy. "Oh no, how could we ?" Chara said, faking a hurting voice. "Seems like we aren't good friends." I said, faking a hurt tone as well. Frisk smiled, but Chara dropped that smile. "You sure about that ?" Chara said, this time I felt that her voice was serious. "Come on, I was joking." I said as I smiled at her.

"Or was I ?" I said as I took a serious expression. Chara playfully punched my left shoulder. "You're a bitch." Chara said, I laughed as I looked at Daniel. "Do I look like a dog ?" I said, pointing at my face. Daniel laughed as he shrugged.

"An evolved dog." He said, I laughed as I looked ahead of me. 

*

"So, what do y'all need ?" I asked the three of them. "Frisk and I need to go buy some formal clothes, like suits or things like that." Chara said, so that was the errands they needed to do. "I won't say no if we eat somewhere." Daniel added. "Good thing that I need new t-shirts. Two of them got pretty trashed. Don't know how." I said, laughing. Chara laughed as Frisk and Daniel scoffed. 

"Let's get Chara and Frisk thing first then." Daniel said, I nodded as I looked to the sisters. "We'll follow you." I said to them, they smiled and nodded. Then they started to walk as we followed them.

"So Y/N. What do you think of Chara ?" Daniel nudged me, due to the noises in that mall, we could talk normally if we were a bit behind them. "She's neat, a good friend, reliable one. That's it." I said, I could feel his disappointment but he smiled at me. "That's a good start don't you think ?" He said as he walked faster to be with them.

As if I could be a thing with Chara. As if I had a chance.

I followed them and soon, we stopped at a tailor. 

"I forgot that you both are important people." I said as I looked at the fancy tailor. It'll cost a lot for them. "That's bizarrely hurtful." Frisk said. "Don't be like that, don't forget that you are a human. Don't get swept up by that." I said as I smiled at her. Then she smiled and nodded. "Thanks Y/N." She said as she entered the tailor. I looked at Chara and I could swear that I saw jealousy. But she smiled at me and it was gone, as she entered the tailor.