Chapter 33

I woke up in a daze as I heard the bell ringing loudly. I looked around me and I saw Chara still sleeping. I secretly brought out my phone and read the time, 11:55. So it was time for lunch, I smiled a bit to myself as I was pretty hungry.

I looked over Daniel and Frisk as they chatted happily, I was happy that Daniel had someone precious for him. Then I remembered the way I acted with them at the beginning. And I was kind of a douche.

But at the time, I didn't want to do any social contact with people who wouldn't give me the time. But oh well, I knew that they changed Daniel and I in a positive way. 

Before I would just lock myself with thick walls to not be affected by whatever was going on. I still had those walls, but a certain person either was slowly destroying them or making her way in without touching those walls.

I yawned and looked at that said special person, and then she had woken up. She stretched herself as she yawned, I could see a tear forming in the corner of her right eye, but she wiped off instantly.

"Had a good sleep ?" I asked the red-eyed sleepyhead. "Quite pleasant, you ?" She asked me back, I nodded and smiled. "Feel like I won't get any sleep tonight." I said, she laughed a bit and got up. "Yeah, me too." She said as she once again stretched. 

But when she did that, I couldn't help but to avert my eyes towards two bouncing objects. I wasn't the type of guys who liked boobs, I was more of a ass type of guy. But seeing those, I was a bit stunned.

I planted my face into my bag on the table as I didn't want to look at her like that. 

After all, I'm still a man, I see the forms of the woman I felt special with, my brain went into primal state.

"You okay ?" Chara's voice was heard as I brought my head up. I looked at her red eyes and her slight smile and I felt my smile grew bigger. "Yeah, let's go eat ?" I asked her and she just nodded. Then I looked ahead of me and saw that Daniel and Frisk just looked at us. 

"Don't need to wait 20 minutes this time." Daniel said as he reminded himself of some past memories. "Come on dude, you're bringing that up now ?" I said as I got up and put my bag on my back. "Because of that we didn't get to eat those donuts. And you know how donuts are fucking good." He said with a subtle laugh. I could only scoff as his love for donuts was unmatched.

"Sounds like a you problem to be honest." I said as I slapped lightly his shoulder. He looked at me and laughed a bit. "I say this to myself when you fail your tests." He said while smiling. Chara and Frisk reacted at his words as I could only laugh.

"But, you fail your tests too." I said as we exited the classroom. "I know, I know." He said, proudly. I laughed a bit more as I liked that kind of interaction with him. Then we made our way towards the cafeteria. 

But once we did get in, I felt something in the air, magic shifting a bit. I looked around quickly to see if someone is doing that on purpose or not. I didn't find anything, so I just sighed and looked ahead of me. I saw Chara looking at me at my side so I looked at her and tilted my head a bit.

"What was that ?" She asked, that question intrigued Frisk and Daniel as they turned their heads at us. "Nothing, nothing." I said dismissively as I didn't want to make them worry about me.

But lying wasn't the best thing to do.

I sighed once more as I couldn't lie, not to them, not to Chara. "I felt magic shifting around, so I looked to see if I could see the cause." I explained as they all looked at me with serious eyes. "I didn't feel anything magically." Chara said, which surprised me since her Magic Awareness was really good. "Me neither." Frisk replied as Daniel shook his head. Then I let out a small laugh.

"I must've imagined it then, sorry." I said as we were picking our food, plain noodles.

We sat on the table we always sat on then we began to eat. Then, I once again felt the same magic in the air around. I didn't recognize it but it felt ... unnatural to me. I looked around one more time and I didn't see nothing. "Again ?" Chara asked. I could only nod. "Are you alright ?" Chara asked me gently. "Yeah, just... I find it disturbing. Might be a side-effect of that fight from two days ago." I said as I dismissed the case.

There was no need to stress over something that my soul created to make me search for them.

*

"Two more days to go." I said as I exited the classroom. "Her voice, I can't get it out of my head." Chara said as Frisk looked as if she could collapse at any moment. "You'll have time to be accustomated." I said as we still needed to do around 3 months of school. "How did your ears survived all that time ?" Frisk said as she scratched her ears.

"By sheer willpower. And also by uncaringness." Daniel said as I nodded. "You should try that method, works every time." I said as we began to walk towards the stairs. "Sorry, what did you say ?" Chara asked, but when I looked at her expression, I saw that her smile was ironic. "See ? It works." I said as I smiled at her, she laughed a bit and nodded.

I could hear her laugh all day.

...

I'm fucking simping for her huh ?

"Want to do something ?" Frisk asked us as we made our way down the stairs. Then the memories of Monday flashed before my eyes. 

The frenzied trance, the feeling of sheer glee when I hurt those bastards. 

The scared and worried looks of my friends when I manipulated the magic around.

I shivered just at the thought of that day. I didn't want to have the same scenario again. But a part of me wanted to see those dude to make them hurt even more.

"I feel like this isn't a good idea, Frisk." Chara said as she put her hand on top of my left hand, which was trembling. "Oh right, sorry Y/N, I genuinely forgot." She said, apologizing. I could only let a small laugh. "That's alright, I'm good." I said, more to myself than to them honestly.

"We could do something chill at our place, if that can help." Chara proposed an idea while rubbing her thumb of the top of my hand. And honestly, that made me calm down a lot. "I'm down for that." Daniel said, I only nodded and saw Frisk and Chara smile at me.

Once again, I was only looking at Chara. 

"That settled then. We could even grab some snacks." Frisk said, I nodded as I still had the chocolate bars in my sack, I just hope that they weren't all broken. "Sounds neat, let's do this." Daniel said as we crossed the gate of the school. 

"I just need to go to my place to change my pants, they're so fucking tight." Daniel said as we made our way towards the convenience store. "Dude's legs can't breathe." I said as I looked at his jeans. It looked like it could burst and tear at any moment.

"Dude you stole a middle schooler's jean ?" I asked, he laughed at bit. "He wouldn't give me his money. I had to have something." He said, I snickered as, as always, he knew how to follow my jokes. 

"You two have a disturbingly sense of humor." Frisk said, then I looked at Daniel and Daniel looked at me. Then we looked together at Frisk. "That was funny." Daniel, Chara and I said at the same time. I was surprised that Chara responded as well, so I smiled at Chara and once again looked at Frisk.

"See ? Your sister gets it." I said as I noticed after my words that Chara's hand still was on my hand. I looked at my hand and then at Chara. Then she did the same. She suddenly blushed and played with her hands. She could be straight forward and she also could be shy.

And I liked it.