Chapter 30

Y/N's POV.

"I don't think that's a good excuse." Daniel said to me as I had my phone in my hand, my finger hovering 'Big Dad'. 

"You think doing a improvised sleepover is worse than fighting and collapsing ?" I asked my good friend as I smiled a bit. I had a tiny hard time to smile as I don't really have something to smile for.

But, oh well.

"The fact that we did it at the Dreemurr's house is not credible." Daniel said, stubbornly. "But, it happened ... ?" Chara said as I looked at her. I pointed her with my thumb and smiled smugly. "Listen to her Daniel. And hell, Toriel or Asgore can say that they agreed." I said, finally calling my dad.

One ring pass-

"What happened, L/N ?" Dad's voice said through the phone. I sighed as he was mad, he did use our last name. 

After I told him the (false) story of us doing a sleepover, that we forgot to set up a clock to go to school and that Toriel agreed on letting us stay the day here, he seemed to be calmer.

Lying to Dad, what am I going...

"Alright, can I have Miss Toriel at the phone please ?" Dad asked, I nodded as I forgot that he couldn't see me. I extended my phone at Toriel and nodded at her. She smiled and took it as I could heard the faint but recognizable voice of Dad.

"See ? I know my Dad better than you." I said to Daniel as he sighed. "Of course you do. You managed to make that fake story believable." He said as he put his right hand on his head. "Technically it wasn't fake, we did a sleepover. I just don't have any memories of it." I said as I shrugged. Then Chara lightly hit me on my right shoulder.

"Don't joke about that, you scared us." Chara said, it THAT would be a lie if I said that her words didn't sound sweet to me. "Well, sorry about that." I said, rubbing the back of my head. Then it reminded me of the headache I still had. Might be a side-effect.

"Do you mind if I go grab a glass of water real quick ?" I asked as I already stood up from the couch. "I'll go with you, I'm thirsty as well." Chara said as she stood up. "I wonder what type of thirst." Frisk said as she looked at Chara. The latter formed a quick but small blush as she looked at Frisk as a shy teenager. "Don't ..." Chara started but she trailed off as she made her way towards the kitchen.

Must be an inside joke or a new term. Either way, I didn't understand but I didn't care.

"Thanks." I said to Chara as she handed me a glass of water. "So, how're ya feelin' ?" She said with an unknown accent to me. I couldn't help but to laugh. "Chara, thanks for worrying about me, but now I'm alright." I said as I looked at the window hovering over the kitchen's sink. Then in the reflection, I saw myself.

Myself with a wicked smile and heterochromatic eyes. 

They did say that eyes are the windows of the soul. At first I thought that was metaphorical.

But then I learned that it could be taken as a metaphor, or taken literally.

The weird feeling of watching something you know isn't happening, but you know it existed. It's unsettling. As if I was watching something that wasn't meant to happen.

But deep down I knew.

I knew that the reflection was bringing out the real Y/N as I was standing as the 'fake' one.

"Y/N ?" Chara's voice snapped me out of my own train of thought. "Sorry, I zoned out." I said as I took a sip of water. 

"What's going on ?" She asked as she eyed me strongly. Her eyes sure was beautiful, but behind them was hiding something dark. Not because of own town, but something else.