𝐗 ; a ticking 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆-𝒃𝒐𝒎𝒃

𝐚 𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛𝐨𝐦𝐛

𝐚 𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛𝐨𝐦𝐛

Relaxation was a hard thing to come by, and that was a commonality for a lot of people. Whether you're a mother coming home from work only to deal with the stress of kids and a messy house or an overworked child during their summer break not quite knowing what to do with themselves and feeling like they have something they need to finish even if the semester is over.

She wondered if heroes had the same problem, if it was all the same. Of course, hero work was hard but to come back home knowing there was more to help, waiting for a hero; or laying down after hours of work only for traumatizing images left on repeat on the back of your eyes as though you saw a horror movie at a far too young of an age and it scarred you for life.

Did children have it easier? Remaining oblivious to the stresses of the world?

Perhaps normal children in normal homes with normal lives.

She was reminded every day her life was anything but normal, wishing for that blissful relaxation as she sat on the couch in the living room as nothing more than an empty shell. She had tuned out the 'family meeting' a while ago, growing tired of their words.

For once she wished school would open sooner than later so she could escape the tension in her home as her grandparents discussed the USJ incident with the villains–even if it was only for the day.

"If they knew her class would be there, it's only a matter of time before they find our home. What if–"

"We're purposefully off the grid. The school, however, does not have that kind of privacy."

"It's supposed to be safe."

"I agree but–"

This had been an ongoing argument that occurred from the moment she and Tamaki had to move in with their grandparents that
moved homes entirely to conceal their whereabouts after the incident with her parents. And being two retired heroes, no one would come looking for them.

They let the argument about their safety, especially hers, die after she became homeschooled from so many... incidents at school. With Tamaki going to a school too far to be tracked to their neighborhood growing up and her away from the prying eyes of any villain who may be looking for her, they were satisfied.

Now here it was again, rising the moment villains got involved and it irked Asumi. As much as she had her own fears, she assured them with an almost bitter tone, "I'm fine."

Her grandparents opened their mouths to argue back, clearly not believing her, but she didn't let them get a word in, "I want to be a hero, a run in with a villain isn't exactly unheard of." Normally she wasn't so careless with her tone with them, and they certainly didn't appreciate her attitude.

Tamaki sat as silent as a mouse beside Asumi as they began to talk over each other, scolding her for the way she spoke to them. And she let them go on...