𝐗𝐗𝐕; 𝒋𝒊𝒏𝒙! double jinx! black out

𝐣𝐢𝐧𝐱! 𝐝𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐣𝐢𝐧𝐱! 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐨𝐮𝐭

"Damn it, there must be some sort of gas villain out here." Bakugo complained with his hand over his mouth and nose to try and shield himself from hazy pink smoke lingering in the air.

Todorki walked ahead of him with one of class B's students slung over his back and unconscious, "I'm worried about the others who're still in the forest. But I don't see that there's much we can do now."

"Don't tell me what to do, icy–"

The boys were brought to a stop at the sight of a hunched figure at the end of the path, their eyes widening.

Bakugo kept his voice low, hand still cupped over his mouth, "Hey. Which group was in front of us again?"

Todoroki didn't move his gaze from the strange person, "Tokoyami, I think, and Shoji."

The man began muttering to himself, a sickly and gruff voice reaching their ears. But it began to grow louder and louder as they stood up, turning round to reveal his straight-jacket-like outfit that showed only his mouth where his teeth were exposed with his lips torn back by hooks, "Don't tempt me. I have a job to do."

Bakugo didn't rid his face of his usual competitive grin and scowl despite the look not entirely reaching his eyes, "No fighting, is that the rule?

Suddenly, their heads were clouded with the voice of Mandalay,

"Everyone in Class A and Class B! In the name of the pro hero, Eraserhead, you are granted permission to engage in combat. I repeat. Use your training. You may fight these villains."

Todoroki and Bakugo glanced at each other from where they stood, knowing they'd have to fight their way out of this battle.

But the half-and-half boy faltered, remembering the fact that if villains were here then...

"Do you think they're here for Asumi?"

Bakugo shot him a look, "Why would they be here for her? Just focus on the fight."

He adjusted the grip on the boy on his back, nodding his head. It was true that there was nothing to do for her right at that moment. They had their own problem standing right in front of them. However, Bakugo didn't know what he did about her, and he couldn't help but worry about the reason they were there. It couldn't have been a coincidence.

"You're right. She's with Midoriya, so it should be fine." The assurance was more to himself than anything.

Forgetting the situation they were in, the blond dropped his quiet tone and snapped at him, "The hell Deku have to do with anything?!"

☯︎

Her walk forward went on, her arms folded behind her back. The hazy smoke clouded the path in front of her, lingering like a fog but it smelt of anything but. It was beginning to make her eyes sting at the dryness.