𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈. 𝒆𝒓𝒊

𝐞𝐫𝐢

𝐞𝐫𝐢

Her steps were in tune with the half-and-half boy beside her as they walked to the vending machine during their break period.

The class they had come from was still on her mind, work studies being the only thing anyone talked about recently despite it being optional.

That's not to say she was going to pass it up. She wasn't that stupid. Sir Nighteye already agreed to take her because Mirio mentioned it to him for her, and his curiosity of her progress.

The entire thing was nearly called off, which made Bakugo happy as ever since he couldn't do the work studies with his classes to catch up and get his license. Thankfully, the argument of raising strong heroes contrasted with a protective outlook led to the compromise of being selective about participating agencies.

Sir Nighteye had a proven track record for work studies, Mirio being walking proof, so she got off a little easier than others.

That made Bakugo pissy the rest of the class, resulting in more teasing from the girl who hadn't managed to snag the desired seat they fought over every day. She liked to call it payback, of sorts.

Todoroki, on the other hand, was in the same boat as Bakugo. He had told her all about him being bummed about falling behind, but he also didn't mind not spending more time with his father right now since he'd be the obvious choice for his work studies–which she could understand.

But the topic of him having to attend classes outside of school and her hero work studies, he acknowledged that they were probably going to see each other less with how busy they were.

"In that case," Asumi began as she leaned against the vending machine, watching the boy insert a few yen and begin clicking the buttons on the side, "Let's get boba this Saturday."

"You're saying that because you want it." Todoroki called out instantly, pulling out the two items he bought.

She pouted as she accepted the pink-colored carton of strawberry milk, "You act like you don't either."

He stuck the straw in his normal milk, bringing it to his lips after saying, "I also know you're trying to avoid that thing with the girls." He knew her a little too well.

She arched her brow suspiciously, "How do you know about that?"

He stopped sipping on his milk, "Ashido is very loud."

A groan left her lips as she pushed off the machine, and the two began to walk back to class. She was trying to stab the straw into the top of her milk as she vented about the whole situation, "It's a girl's night, and I really don't wanna go. It's not my scene and it's too many people in one room. I'd rather just... go get boba."

He eyed her struggling with the straw before admitting, "I think it's a good idea."

"What?" Asumi accidentally stabbed the straw into the carton in her moment of surprise.