𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗.𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔 are complicated

𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝

All Might was... retired. The symbol of peace had fought his last battle as the one with such a title.

That weight hung over the heads of the entirety of Japan, but more specifically, the students of U.A. who snuck out to save Bakugo and Asumi. He revealed his true form, much smaller and nimble than his hero ones. He looked like skin and bones, but he fought till he got All For One into custody.

With the world watching, he pointed a single finger at the camera broadcasting live as he won and said the words, "It's your turn."

Asumi and Bakugo had stared oddly at Midoriya who had burst into tears, unknowing that he was not speaking to all those watching but a single person amongst them.

The two captured by the League were turned over to the place, neither saying a word the entire way after the broadcast had turned off as though it hadn't changed everyone's lives. It was going to change the villain world... and the heroes.

Finally, half a day later, they were released to go home and it was awkwardly quiet as the two waited on opposite sides of the bench for their guardians to arrive and pick them up.

They weren't allowed to walk home for two reasons.

They had just been kidnapped by villains and it would be shameful to happen again even if it was highly unlikely with the outcome that happened and they were children far too away from their homes–that last one was a little more insulting to the hot head.

Usually, they'd throw insults at each other, and share headphones when they didn't want to talk, but this silence was something else.

There were a thousand things they could've talked about. They had just experienced so much and surely there were so many things he could've asked her about what just learned about her, and she could've asked why he did the things he did.

She supposed he didn't ask before, she just ended up telling him one way or another when she was ready to explain.

He seemed to be doing the same thing now.

Her grandparents arrived as his mother did, and both were still and quiet as they were fussed over, glancing at the other amidst the hands checking them over for injuries–and there were none besides some scrapes.

They had gotten lucky.

When she got home, she was immediately sent to bed without discussion. They said she looked exhausted, and that was entirely wrong. She was already beyond drained when at the training camp and she hadn't gotten a lick of sleep while with the villains but continued to overextend herself for their escape.

But she knew they didn't just send her to bed to get some sleep; that wasn't such a simple task for someone like her. They sent her to bed so they could talk without her prying ears.