𝐋𝐈𝐗. 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒊𝒏𝒈 our nightmares

𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬

One step, then two.

One after the other her feet raced on in a blur; but, the delicate step of each foot despite the fact they raced as fast as her hammering heart was like a miracle.

Had she slowed, one would think she was like a ballerina as she touched down onto an imaginary source of water with the tip of her toe before falling to her hell.

But that was the thing, wasn't it?

It wasn't slow, nor was this graceful despite walking on water, racing as fast as her heart as she, Midoriya, and Bakugo flew through what was once the city. Minutes before they had walked the streets and stopped at many houses with escort families away from the dancer, but all was now crumbled to debris or dust.

What was once a place of work one wanted to leave, a coffee shop where the barista kindly greeted the group walking inside, or a child's bedroom where they took their first steps... all of it was gone.

They pushed onward, the girl gradually gaining strength and agility with the overwhelming nervousness in the air even from such a distance. She fed on the feeling that pricked at her skin, needing it so desperately to stay caught up as Midoriya informed Endeavor of who he was really after. Him.

She doubted they would mind if they even knew, a simple explanation that they were leading the true threat away and serving as bait.

Asumi, technically, wasn't the bait, and neither was Bakugo. They weren't the targets but they weren't about to back down from this fight.

It made Midoriya wonder, though...

"Right, he said he's following us!"

"I heard! You're the one who's not listening!" Bakugo barked back, as the two followers were also a part of the private comm, "That creep had leveled-up into a final boss! You better make damn sure you don't get caught!"

He understood why Asumi was tailing him, but... "Um, Kacchan, why are you following me?"

She promised to have Midoriya's back, and she kept her determined eyes set on it without fail.

This was so much different from the USJ where she could recall herself trembling in fear, a statue of fear unable to move at the idea of the villains nearby. This version of herself knowingly charged after Midoriya knowing they were following him, and she was prepared for that.

Bakugo didn't appreciate the question regardless, as he'd never backed down from a challenge, and he'd probably punch anyway in the face for suggesting leaving Asumi, "Y'WANNA DIE?!"

"What?!"

"There's not time to explain the situation so lightswitch and I are the only ones who get what's happening! I had to come!" He briefly explained, well, part of it.