𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈 ; to be a 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒐

𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐚 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐨

𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐚 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐨

No one could tell she was awake as late as she was for a few reasons. The first was that she always looked tired, and the second was that she was used to staying up as late as she did.

It didn't bother her that much that they had to patrol because the girl was fairly used to walking around in a partial state of awakeness just enough to get her through the day. Not even Mirio or Sir Nighteye seemed to notice as they walked among the streets of the big city.

Her luck wore thin, however, and with the agencies so close they were pretty much bound to run into Best Jeanist and the intern under him–Bakugo.

The two heroes saw no problem with working together for the patrol today, having some conversation about last night's events as they kept an eye on the citizens going about their day.

The topic of conversation was the video released by hero-killer Stain and the events that occurred last night in Hosu City with a nomu. She was awake to see it, despite the fact it kept being taken down and reuploaded, spreading like wildfire.

Bakugo did not because within an hour of reading the manga silently beside each other, she realized he had passed out against the wall with his head dangled forward. His neck probably hurt, not that she thought about.

Knowing that Todoroki with interning with his father, Endeavour, who was reported to have solved the whole incident, she couldn't help but send him a text to ask if he was alright despite their issues. As tense as it was between the two, she'd rather ask than not because, at the end of the day, she'd worry for him.

All she got in return was a short "yeah", but he was a short-spoken person even when they were on good terms.

That was as far as their conversation went.

The interns alongside Mirio were left to walk behind them, like ducklings, listening to them talk about the events. Asumi, though, found herself side-eyeing the boy walking beside her upon thinking about the events of a few hours earlier in the hotel.

He clearly wasn't used to late nights. That much was obvious by his slight bags and his irritable mood written all over his face.

What she was more focused on was his appearance beyond being tired, though. The usual spikes had been slicked back entirely compared to its stubbornness to do so a few days prior. Her eyes then fell to his jeans which she couldn't recall him ever wearing before. Baggy pants and sweats seemed to be more his style.

Choking back a chuckle, she found herself unable to withhold a small tease, "I didn't pick you as a boy who wore jeans."

His glare remained set ahead, not daring to bat an eye at the girl at his side probably giving him a Cheshire-cat-like smile with her arms folded behind her back. Instead, he spat lowly, "Say another word, and I'll kill you."