Chapter 72.

"...in the Tunnels. Okay not in the tunnels, but wherever they lead to, so around the Tunnels rather. The camera, the students and the Yunies in Zavlon's abandoned tunnels. And if they're there then..."

   I wanted add "so is Mr. Sacury's lab", I really did. But every single part of me for reasons I couldn't figure out, just thought saying it would jinx it. That didn't change the fact that it was the truth though.

   It made so much sense now, come to think of it. Inasmuch as Zavlon had numerous edifices all were pretty transparent, except the dark, scary, underground tunnels way behind the school where students knew not to be present. That was the perfect hiding spot for large, loud aliens like the Yunies to not only dwell but keep mind-controlled students and teachers like Mr. Sacury prisoner. No wonder they still let Visitation Day happen.

   No one in the room said a word. At first.

   Dorian and I looked on as the reactions of Rav and Camila went through mustwatch transitions.

   Right at the spot he was standing, Rav crumpled to the floor on his knees with a dropped jaw, not breaking the deadlock, shock-stricken eye contact he'd established with me. His lips kept wobbling at intervals, almost like he had something to say, but no words ever came out.

   Camila, on the other hand, took steps that led to the only chair in the room. With an unreadable expression as she plopped into her seat, I was ready to pat her on the back for being able to maintain her cool.

   Unlike some overly dramatic people (ahem, Rav).

   But then, the darkening spots of red that took over Cami's cheeks and other areas of her face made me back up. I found myself wincing as the giant gulps of her air that she kept breathing in and out turned sporadic. Suddenly, her heaving chest ceased.

   Taking a final breath, Cami didn't hold back this time.

"MIERDA!!!"

   And that was only the first of the many languages she proceeded to cuss in. Who knew Camila knew Navajo?

   Amidst her fit of rage and Rav's still state, Dorian's bewildered gawk met mine by what I could only believe was an accident. For some reason, however, he didn't look away.

   And neither did I.

   Our gazes switched to Cami and Rav once again, before returning to each other, like a natural occurrence. Except this time, Dorian and I's eyes were laced with raw humour that threatened to burst out at any moment.

   So while our friends were having a meltdown, Dorian and I were stuck between suppressing our laughter and pissing them off by going hysterical at the most inappropriate time.

   Eventually though, our torture didn't last that long.

   Once order in the room was restored, the glances exchanged amongst Rav, Cami, Dorian and me unveiled one thing; that the reactions that just happened was to remain within these four walls.

"Rav, give me your phone," I said.

"Why?"

"Well, Landon's one of us now and since he wasn't here when we figured everything out we have to tell him," I held out my hand. "Now, give it."

   I followed Rav's hesitant gaze to find it on Dorian.

"Rav, come on," Cami, now standing beside him, nudged Rav in the side after another minute went by with him remaining unmoving.

   I managed to sneak a glance toward Dorian as Rav handed his device over to me. He appeared to be staring into space, not really having his eyes focused on anything in particular. Nothing about his facial features gave him away.