Monster

Ava POV

"Everyone take your seats and get out your notebooks." The teacher said as I look at the door watching James step into the classroom. He was wearing baggy black cargo pants and a wife beater. He takes a seat next to me as I scrunch my nose up as i whiff up his scent. "You smell like... like a wet dog that's been left in the rain." I tell him as he sighs putting his head down as class went on. "James what's going on with you? I'm worried." I tell him as he tilts his head to look up at me. "Hard to explain." He says his voice coming out in a type of growl.

"Your my best friend I'm pretty sure whatever you have to say isn't worse than Layla Tanner." I say mentioning his ex as he puts his face in his arms his free hand gripping the desk. I watch him closely as he begins to squeeze the desk. "Hey... are you okay?" I ask again as the wooden desk spilts in half causing wood to fall underneath him. "Ja... James..." I tried to focus on what had happened but he was was out the door as quick as he came in. The desk had been slightly bent now as the teacher approached my desk.

"You can go after him." The teacher said. I nod my head grabbing my stuff getting up. "Thank you Mr..." I started to say looking around. "Lawren." He stated as I walked out the classroom and after my friend. I finally caught up with James he was sitting alone in the cafeteria. I pull up a stool sitting next to him as he looks up at me his eyes glowing red again. I sigh to myself as I couldn't understand what was wrong with him. "James you can tell me anything. I will never change on you." I tell him meaning it as he looks down before taking a deep breath his eyes returning brown.

"I'm a monster." He stated as he looked at his hand. "What?" I questioned as his fingernails grew into claws. He scratched the table digging his claw deep into the wood. I watch lost of words as he writes A plus J and carving a heart around the letters. "Ava plus James?" I ask as his claws fade back into finger nails. He nods his head yes as I smile at him. "What happened... how come you can do these things you been doing." I ask him as he looks up at me staring me down. "Can I show you something?" He asked as I nodded my head as he grabbed my hand walking us out the school.

"Why are we out here in the woods? Alone?" I asked him nervously as he started taking off his shirt and pants. "I'm a Virgin... James." I tell him as looks up at me confused. "Ohhh you think... no.. no." He said laughing as he then begins to have a glowing aura around his body before it thawed into smoke. "I'm trying to tell you... I'm a monster now." He says before yelling aloud as he jerks his body falling on the ground. His body shifting into a animal... it was a wolf.

50 minuets later

"Shit... This is unbelievable James." I say as I'm on his back like a horse as he takes me to a abandoned beach. I start to get a bad feeling as a group of wolves were surrounding the water. "Um James?" I questioned as he motioned me to get off with his head. I slowly hop off of his back as he huddled with the other wolves. "Ava." I turn my head to see Daiya fully nude as she walked up to me. "So he told you?" She asked as I shook my head yes. I look at James and the other wolves as they were circled around each other growling as if they were talking.

"Your a werewolf too?" She questioned as I shook my head no as she looked at me with confusion. "So what are you doing here?" Daiya asked as we both turned or heads to snapping and biting from the pack of wolves. A black coated wolf and the James wolf were sizing each other down. The black coated wolf roared a growl so loud that it caused every wolf to bend on one knee including Daiya. But James remained on his four feet growling back and sending a roar to him of his own. The other wolves got up including Daiya as she morphed into her wolf body standing beside her brother.

James POV

"YOU DID WHAT!" Derek barked at me after telling him I killed some men in the woods earlier. "James saved my life!" Malia said stepping beside me as Daiya growled at Derek as Leon was pacing back in forth behind Derek.  "It was just some assholes besides that's nothing to what Malia used to do!" Carter said motioning towards us. "I told you my mother died!" Malia attacked Carter biting down into his back as he pushed her off. "Enough!" Derek said approaching us all.

I look over at Ava as she was watching me as I turned my attention back on Derek. "They'll be more... there hunters! They hunt mythological creatures like us." Derek says as he stares me down before looking at Ava. "You're going to get her hurt. Leave her alone." He said before running down the beach until his existence ceased to meet the eyes. Everyone else followed him as me and Daiya walked back to Ava still in our wolf bodies.