𝐏𝐑𝐀𝐘 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐂𝐇 𝐌𝐄

Y/N's P

Y/N's P.O.V

"Let's start off with something simple. Start with your intro. The first song of every album sets the tone." I said.

Beyoncé and I sat in my studio, starting the process of her album. She got here yesterday but I thought it'd be better if she just rested instead. Lord knows she needed it.

She didn't have to tell me what her vision was  with this project. It's self explanatory. It's all coming from her heart.

Out of everything that I've ever produced of hers, this might be the most sentimental. That's saying a lot since I produced a little over 80 percent of her catalog.

I created a simple instrumental. Using some piano but also her vocals as an instrument. The first song of an album should always be like the beginning of a roller coaster. You go up slowly because it's preparing you for what's to come. In the end, you'll enjoy the ride.

"That's beautiful." Beyoncé said.

"I know. Now make it more beautiful and sing on it." I respond.

"I don't even have anything written." She replied.

"You need to have anything written. Let your heart do the talking." I say.

I made sure that her presets were ready. Although it doesn't take a lot to get it right. I'm not sure about anyone else that she's worked with but I've never once put auto tune on her vocals. She does not need that shit.

Now if she's trying to do some cool vocal effect then that's different. Like Ring The Alarm for example. Other than that, the way she sounds on these songs is 100 percent her.

Beyoncé gave me a thumbs up signaling that she was ready to go. I pressed record and let her do the rest.

You can taste the dishonesty
It's all over your breath as you pass it off so cavalier
But even that's a test
Constantly aware of it all
My lonely ear pressed against the walls of your world

I wasn't surprised to see her in her natural art form. I've experienced this enough. I was in awe at how poetic it was. Her heart is heavy and with each word, she's getting rid of the weight.

Pray to catch you whispering
I pray you catch me listening
I'm prayin' to catch you whispering
I pray you catch me
I'm prayin' to catch you whispering
I pray you catch me listening
I pray you catch me