𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐎𝐔𝐓

Beyoncé stood in the mirror, smoothing down her dress

Beyoncé stood in the mirror, smoothing down her dress. She was actually in a good mood, much thanks to Y/N of course. She was excited, exactly the same way she used to feel when going out on dates with Shawn.

Although she didn't want to think of him. Even the thought of him reminded her that she needed to get in contact with her lawyer. She wanted to get that divorce finalized.

There was a light knock on the door, her eyes trailing to the doorway. Y/N stood there in a solid black t-shirt and a backwards fitted cap of the same color. Not dressed fancy whatsoever.

Besides the diamond chain and watch, everything else was pretty casual. But that was always Y/N, she was never one for getting all fancy.

Beyoncé never cared. No matter what Y/N wore, she'll always be good looking to Beyoncé. Vice versa too. Y/N will always believe that her best friend is the prettiest woman in the world, dressed up or not.

"You look good." Y/N complimented.

"Thank you." Beyoncé blushed. "So do you."

Y/N smiled at her words. "Are you ready to go?"

The older woman nodded, checking herself out one more time. She grabbed her purse, making sure it had her important belongings in it.

Downstairs, Y/N had her personal driver waiting on the two. Once she finished locking up her house, she went over and opened the door to the SUV for Beyoncé.

To Beyoncé, everything about this felt like a date. Not that it bothered her or anything like that. It's just that, could she actually go on a real date with Y/N? They're supposed to be best friends.

And besides that time back in 2011, they've never crossed any boundaries with each other. But that's a story for another time.

On the other hand, Beyoncé is very grateful and appreciative of Y/N. She knows that her favorite restaurant is the opposite of cheap. You have to have serious money to even eat there. So imagine the cost of renting it out.

And even though money means nothing to the both of them, it's still the thought that counts for her. Y/N has never been stingy when it came to money. It's no surprise that Forbes named her a billionaire earlier in the year.

Between her music and acting catalogs and businesses, she's earned it all. Once they got to the restaurant, the front was filled with paparazzi. There were bodyguards standing in front of the doors.

They were both confused about who could've possibly tipped off the paparazzi. It also must mean that everyone else is here. They were led through the flashing lights by the bodyguards. People screaming questions at them they refused to answer.