𝐒𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐘

for those that have the playlist, how yall feeling bout the album?

A Few Days Later

Beyoncé's P.O.V

"No, Y/N, I don't like it." I say, slightly stressed.

I couldn't get this song to my liking. Something about it was off to me. I don't know what it is. Maybe I need to take it in a different direction.

"What don't you like about it?" Y/N asked.

"I don't know, it's just not good like this. Be honest, you hate it too don't you?" I question.

I don't even know why I just asked her this question. I already know what she's about to say. I've never heard her once say that she hates anything I've ever made.

"No I don't, but if you want to change it then that's fine. I'm still gonna save it and we can just bounce ideas off of it." She said, doing whatever she does on the computer.

It's only been a little over a week since everything kicked off. Of course I'm still upset by it all, especially with the way it's playing out. Although spending this time with Y/N has helped me.

She knows how to make me smile when I need it and I couldn't be more grateful. I'm really lucky to have someone like her. Times like this prove that she's genuinely there for me.

"You really don't hate it?" I asked, confused.

It's not completely terrible, it's just not my best work. I feel like I could turn it into something better. Something epic, that's all.

"Not at all. I don't hate anything you do. You know that, Bey." Y/N responded, focused on the computer. 

I got this warm feeling in my chest but quickly dismissed it. That's been happening a lot lately. I don't know exactly what it means so I choose to ignore it. I already have a lot to deal with.

Within ten minutes, Y/N came up with an entirely different instrumental. Her work is always good, phenomenal even, but I prefer this one over the last one.

"Are you feeling this one better?" Y/N asked.

"Yes. Thank you for working with me." I say, knowing that I can be difficult.

"It's my favorite thing to do." She mumbled, yet I was able to hear her.

That warm feeling came back and this time I let it linger. One of these days I'll be sure to talk to the girls about it. They do seem to know best, especially Kelly.

"I think I'm ready to re-record the song." I say, trying to focus on work.

"Go for it." Y/N said.

I adjusted the headphones on my head, going over the lyrics I've written.

Sorry, I ain't sorry
I ain't sorry, nigga, nah
Sorry, I ain't sorry
I ain't sorry

He trying to roll me up (I ain't sorry)
I ain't picking up (I ain't sorry)
Headed to the club (I ain't sorry)
I ain't thinking 'bout you (I ain't sorry)
Me and my ladies sip my D'USSÉ cups
I don't give a fuck, chucking my deuces up
Suck on my balls, pause, I had enough (Sorry, I ain't sorry)
I ain't thinking 'bout you

Middle fingers up, put them hands high
Wave it in his face, tell him, boy, bye (Sorry, I ain't sorry)
Tell him, boy, bye, boy, bye, middle fingers up
I ain't thinking 'bout you

Sorry, I ain't sorry (You)
I ain't sorry, nigga, nah
I ain't thinking 'bout you
Sorry, I ain't sorry
Sorry, I ain't sorry, I ain't sorry
No, no, hell nah

Now you wanna say you're sorry
Now you wanna call me crying
Now you gotta see me wilding
Now I'm the one that's lying
And I don't feel bad about it
It's exactly what you get
Stop interrupting my grinding
(You interrupting my grinding)
I ain't thinking 'bout you

"Skip straight to the bridge and then I'll do the outro." I say making Y/N nod.

Looking at my watch, he shoulda been home
Today, I regret the night I put that ring on
He always got them fucking excuses
I pray to the Lord you reveal what his truth is

I left a note in the hallway
By the time you read it, I'll be far away
I'm far away
But I ain't fucking with nobody
Let's have a toast to the good life
Suicide before you see this tear fall down my eyes
Me and my babies, we gon' be alright
We gon' live a good life

Big homie better grow up
Me and my whoadies 'bout to stroll up
I see them boppers in the corner
They sneaking out the back door
He only want me when I'm not there
He better call Becky with the good hair

"That was crazy hard. You got me ready to bump that shit in the shower." Y/N said.

"Don't gas me up like that." I chuckle.

Within a week, we've completed about six songs. I wasn't sure what the order of the track list would be or if some of these songs would even make it. I was glad that I could release my emotions into one of the things I love most.

"Yeah, yeah. Let me take you out tonight." She replied, catching me off guard. 

"What?" I ask, wanting her to clarify.

"Nothing major. I'll rent out your favorite restaurant. It could just be us and the people we fuck with the most. I think it'll be good for you." Y/N responded.

That actually would be good for me. I love that she's always been so caring when it came to me. There's a lot of things I actually love about her. I am so lucky we met at that park all those years ago.

"Yeah, that'll be nice." I smile.

**********

how delusional does someone have to be to not realize they're in love with their best friend?

UNTIL NEXT TIME