Chapter 23

Next day when Mehram was coming downstairs she saw that everyone was roaming here and there and the whole Khan mansion was decorated beautifully.

"Aree Ghar mein Kuch hai aur mujhe hi nahi pata hai…." She thought and directly went to the kitchen from where the delicious smell was coming.

As soon as she entered the kitchen she saw that the ladies were running here and there and making some very delicious food.

"Ammi yeh ho raha hai? Aaj kuch hai kya Ghar mein?" Mehram asked and hugged Mehjabin from behind.

"Ohh so you forgot…today is Hadi's birthday so there is a party" She said and turned to Mehram.

"Ohh but you guys were not angry with him?" She asked and started to help her in cutting vegetables.

"We are but we always celebrate every member's birthday just to make them feel special. After all, on the whole we scold, taunt and beat everyone but on birthdays we all try to make them feel special. Wait, did you know that today's Faizal bhaijaan and Safa bazi's 25th marriage anniversary so we have to go there in the evening." Sania said and looked at Mehram who just had a face palmed.

"I forgot it, I didn't even wish them…" Mehram said and pouted.

"Aree don't worry in the evening we all will meet them so wish them there" Beena said and she nodded while Samaira and Sophia entered in the kitchen together.

"Kya baat hai tum dono ajj late kese??" Sania asked while keeping her one hand on her waist and helding a knife from the other as she was cutting vegetables.

"Woh…Ammi…"

"Aree Bhabhijaan kyu dono ko Pareshan Kar rahi hai aap,  saaf dikh rha hai ki apke beto ne raat bhar bichari ko Kitna pareshaan Kiya hai" Aa soon as Beena said this Sophia and Samaira shyly look down.

"Hoho Bhuri aankhen Kalle baal, Bhabhijaan ka toh hogya bura haal" Mehram said and everyone laughed.

"Chalo ab bas Karo mat Karo inhe pareshaan…chalo bachiyon jao aur yeh breakfast dining table par laga do"  Mehjabin said and they both quickly picked the dishes and ran from the kitchen while everyone laughed.

The ladies settled the breakfast table and there was no one except Kadir, Zafar and Aftab.

"Aree ladkiyon jaao aur Jakar apne apne shohar ko jakar bula Lao aur Zara tum Jakar Amal aur bakiyon sab ko bula kar le aao" Beena said and they all went upstairs.

"Kabir everyone is waiting for you downstairs come on now" Mehram said and entered the room where she saw no one. As soon as she entered inside she heard the noise of the door closing and as she turned Kabir took her in his arms.

"Ahh Kabir yeh sab kya hai leave me everyone is waiting for us at the dining table" Mehram wriggled in his arms.

"Hmm" He shoved his head in the crook of her neck and she laughed very loudly.

"Ahh Haha Kabir it's ticklish leave me please"…She laughed and tried to push him.

"Acha thik hai let's flip the coin agar heads aya mein tumhara aur agar tail aya toh tum meri. Aur phir hum dono mein se koi bhi bhar nahi jaega" He said and looked at her who rolled her eyes.

"Shut up and let's go downstairs. It's Hadi's birthday and what are you gonna give him?" She asked and played with his tie.

"What will I give him? He already gave us a huge gift last night" He said and left her then he picked his blazer and wore it.

"Aree but what's wrong in it we know Minal and Armaan both Hadi and Amal will be happy in future" Mehram tried to make him understand and help him wearing the blazer.