2. Timeskip

"It was a suicide.."

22 years later

"Good morning Kakashi sensei,"

"Oh, Good morning Iruka. What's the news?" He glued his eyes to the reports of the students he was assigned to.

"Ah.. nothing much-"

"It's about Naruto, isn't it?" Iruka sighed out at being caught getting worried about Naruto.

"He needs special care. I know he can be hard to take care of but he just wants people to recognize him-"

Kakashi stood up and he pat Iruka's shoulder. "Don't worry. I know what needs to be done. I have been with someone just like him so I guess I can understand him a bit," He eye smiled.

Iruka took his words to rest his restless heart, returning the smile. Kakashi walked down the hallway sensing every inch of mischievousness that was occurring inside the room. He waited for some time until they were done setting their 'trap'.

He let out a long sigh, "It's gonna be a long journey.."

Living became normal for Kakashi. He had left the ANBU and has been settling down with his life as an instructor of graduates.

After the first meeting, he took them out to somewhere for them to start with their formal introduction.

He rested against the railing and took a deep breath before starting. "Introduce yourselves one by one,"

"Hey! Before us, shouldn't you introduce yourself first?" Naruto spoke out, where the others didn't seem to oppose.

The man before them introduced himself as Hatake Kakashi, but his tone and demeanour made it clear that he had little interest in engaging in conversation. He spoke of his hobbies and likes and dislikes in a flat, uninterested tone, conveying a sense of boredom that was palpable. It was clear that he would rather be anywhere else than talking to them, and the thought of escape seemed to be on his mind.

The intro went on with Naruto mostly speaking about ramen and Sakura about her love complexity. How are they even graduates with so little to worry about? Kakashi wondered.

"Now, the Uchiha," Kakashi said, crossing his arms over his chest. He gave off those brats vibe who didn't care about the world and when he spoke, Kakashi's thoughts turned out to be correct.

"My ambition is to kill a certain man.." Kakashi's stare remains unchanged. I see now

Kakashi's mind couldn't help but remind him of his past self who had the same intention for some time before he gave up on it once he found out how he was being irrelevant. The truth was out but hard for him to accept. So all he could do was blame it on someone. And he blamed it on her.

Days were no different for him. It was the same. Constant.

He didn't wish for any change but hoped for something better to pass by, even if it was for only a few minutes. He didn't wait or search for anyone. It was not the right thing. He was unaware of his wants. He was afraid of breaking apart.

After that night, he rushed back to the gate only to find the blood-stained mud with no owner near. He thought someone from the village might have taken her to get aided. But even after searching for 2 days, no news of her. Let alone a sign.

Fear controlled his mind and heart, making him go astray from his path. That day, he swore to himself to avenge his father from Y/n, thinking fate might tell him her whereabouts in the process. But not only was he highly in the wrong but also found himself weeping for everything. Since the wait never ended.

The day ended. He sat down on his bed after the long hot shower. He wiped his face with the towel, taking a glance at his desk.

He got up, heading towards the desk to get the book. The book that kept him busy, away from the thoughts of his past. He noticed the tiny shadow at the window, about to knock.

He opened the window, welcoming his ninken Pakkun. "Where have you been all these times? I needed you today-"

"I found her.."

...

The flowers were blooming as if spring was getting closer. Her hand felt the cold water, making her
happy in this scorching weather.

She kneeled in front of the small pot with a new seed sown in it. "Bloom brightly in the upcoming spring," She smiled, talking to the little pot.

Talking to plants helps them grow better and brighter, that's what she learned about her new hobby.

"Yume san? Are you back?" She asked, looking at the front door to her house being wide open. She smiled getting her shoes off. "Y/n!" Yume smiled, coming in for a warm hug.

"What about Yuki san?"

"She wants to stay beside Mom more. She sent me before in case you're alone and you know anything can happen." Y/n smiled at the sweet gesture he was serving, even if it was out of innocent care from their side. They have been like this ever since that day when they first met.

"How's Nami doing?" Y/n asked about his pregnant wife who's almost nearing her due date.

"She still can't stand me near her," He said, with a frown which made her laugh softly.

"I thought it was the opposite or is she still not over the fact that you threw away her favourite singer's poster?"

"Hey! It was unfair okay? I should be the one she should be obsessed with..agh, makes my blood boil at the sight of those men," His words kept on cracking her.

"I sometimes wondered how is she handling that big belly you know?"

"Oh man it's tough, I'm telling you." Yume exclaimed with pure frustration.

"Oh yeah, she made you carry a watermelon around your belly," Y/n said, taking her clothes, ready to head to the shower.

"Why don't you try it as well?"

"Hmm? Like right now?" He nodded.
"But I got more work to do at the flower field- oh right. I'll get dirty," Y/n mumbled to herself.

"Okay, what should I carry? Is there even anything?" Yume looked around until something orange caught his eye. He walked up to the pumpkin, picking it up and bringing it to the table.

"This will do the work,"

"You sure this will resemble the watermelon,"

"Well, it's less heavy.." He said, searching for a veil to tie it near her stomach.

"Hope it doesn't slip and get halved.I need to cook this tonight," Y/n said with concern as Yume tied it to her, assuring her it would be alright, meanwhile dying within with amusement.

"Done!"

Y/n lifted the pumpkin, surprised at how it was not either tough or easy. "Let me help you outside," He got a hold of her as they walked outside. He held beneath the pumpkin, hoping it wouldn't fall.

"How's it?"

"I feel weird. I can never be a mother at this rate,"

"Why? Feel the love! Bond with your child, hello??" Yume's cover was about to blow as he seemed to be trying too hard to relate.

"Let go, let me try on my own," Y/n said, walking ahead of him. She sat down in front of the flowers that needed to be picked out.

"Getting up will be a huge workout,"

"I can sense. You get freshened up first. I'll call you out when I am done and need help,"