15. A much needed day

I led the way, keeping her near all the time. I smiled as we paddled through the village, gaining stares here and there. What made me not care was the smile she had along with laughter from time to time.

I briefly talked about the places as we gradually passed by them. I slowed down after some time, making her stop entirely. I stopped just in time beside her as she turned to me, "Are you tired?"

Her face showed concern, making me smile and shake a 'no'. "You go whichever way you want to. I'll follow you," He said, making her hesitate.

"... really? What if I end up taking you somewhere you don't like?"

"I'll still follow, and ignore the place as if it doesn't exist,"

"Oh! Does that mean there's such a place?" She said, tucking hair behind her ear as the wind messed with her hair. I, unknowingly, got mesmerized by the seconds, oddly finding the surroundings quiet down around us.

"Hmm?" She asked with a hum, bringing me back.

"Maybe? Just go and let's see," I said, gesturing to her with my head to go. She took the cue and got on the bike.

"I swear to God if I lose you, I'm gonna cry," She said, making me laugh.

"You won't lose me. I'll always be here," I said, realizing what I've been saying to her all this time sounds so effortlessly romantic, making me shiver at the thought of coming like a creep to her.

I shook the thoughts away and got on the bike, following her as she went ahead. She took every turn that came in sight of her. I said nothing and kept paddling, soon realizing how she was going around the same alley again and again.

maybe she's enjoying taking the turns? I thought.

Her pace slowed down, as my pace suddenly got me beside her. I decreased my speed and stayed side by side with her. "I don't know where to go.." She suddenly confessed, making me let out a laugh.

"Let's rest somewhere," I suggested, taking the lead once again. We stopped at a nearby store with a vending machine as we parked in front of the convenience store. She insisted on getting the drinks and light snacks, making me sit outside on the bench as she chose the items inside the shop.

I stared at the bikes that stayed side by side, zoning out in the stare. The scene was interrupted by the three mischiefs of the Uchiha clan. Toru, Hima and Hiro. I decided to sit back and act like I didn't notice them tiptoe at the corner of my eyes.

I rested my head on the table, creating a clone of myself. I stood far away on the buildings beside, taking a look at my clone that rested on the bench. My eyes travelled at the three as I watched them trying to sabotage the bike quietly. As expected, they targeted Y/n's bike.

They let the air out of her cycle's wheel, checking inside the store for Y/n. They all scurry away after their prank gets carried in the right way. I diminished my clone and went straight to the bikes, inspecting the prank.

I sighed, wondering why are they suddenly targeting Y/n. At that moment, she walked out of the store as her eyes searched for me. I smiled at her when they found me. "Are these okay for you?" She said, showing me the inside of the bag she was holding.

I took a glance, nodding. "And we have a problem here," I said, announcing the flat wheel. She frowned, handing me the bag and checking the damage herself.

"I should have been more careful," She said, guilt evident in the tone.

"It's not your fault. The roads here can be a problem you know. It's alright, hop on my bike and I'll take you to my favourite place in the whole village," I proposed, getting my bike back on the road. "Just lock it here, we will take it back when we return,"

I got on my bike, hanging the bag on the handle as I waited for her to sit. "Can you sit?" I asked, to which she simply nodded. I turned to the front, as she sat behind me while using a tiny grip on my back as a support. I looked down with a smile, before paddling.

She was struggling behind, making me stop immediately. "Are you okay?" I asked, looking over my shoulder. Her eyes went wide when our eyes met, making her look away in embarrassment.

"Don't look! I just embarrassed myself!"

"No, you didn't, it's okay. That was bound to happen for your no to little support you were using. Are you sure about being able to sit in the back? Have you ever tried sitting in the front?" I asked when the idea instantly sparked. "Would you be comfortable?" I added, not wanting to make her feel uneasy.

She took some time to reply. "I guess I can try..?" She said, getting down. I gave her the space and watched her bite the corner of the lips as she stared at the bike's front side's body.

She sat in front of me, making my breathing slow down. I got my arms around her and got a tight grip on the handlebars.

"Here we go," I announced to make it less stressful for her. It wasn't hard to handle the bike. I was extremely grateful that the clouds were getting darker for which there was nobody on the area or streets. I don't wanna become aware of her sitting in front for if I did acknowledge, I might lose the balance while taking in the news of her presence being so close to me.

"I'm sorry if I'm being a burden to you right now. " She apologized after being quiet for some time.

"So this was what your silence was brewing?" I asked.

"No. Really. Please feel free to say it, I don't wanna find comfort in someone else's discomfort,"

"You're finding it comforting?"

"I mean, being able to talk to someone and being able to engage in activities other than work, it is. I was thinking.. why did I come back if I've nothing to do in here? It honestly gets lonely when you have no one to talk to. Thank you, Itachi. I'll make sure to return the debt,"

I softly laugh at her remark, "Make sure you do,"