3. Mission of Rescuing Ramen!

1 week later

"What?! Ichiraku ramen's secret ingredient has been stopped from being sent into the village?!" Naruto yelled out, about to pass out at the information.

Kakashi dismissed the response with a shake of his head and continued to explain their two-day D-rank mission. "We have been requested to investigate the current situation at Trading Village. Additionally, the village will be somewhat remote from Konohama," Glancing at the map, Kakashi remarked, "I guess close to the river village." The village's name made his heart race.

He looked up at them, "And we're leaving tomorrow,"

"Why not today?! I will pass out without having the Ichiraku Ramen tonight!!" He was too loud compared to any other day. Kakashi got used to it and knows how to stay unbothered. He dismissed the group, reminding Naruto to take it seriously.

"I am serious! Serious than you too Sensei!" He said with lots of determination in his eyes.

"Only if you had this throughout your training hours, you would have surpassed the Hokage by now-"

"For real?!"

"I'm joking," Kakashi Kakashi'sled, as he left the kid in a daze. He turned on his heels as Naruto burst out in his whining, making Kakashi feel good to tick him off.

But soon the fun game ended when he found himself alone with the map.

Back in time

"I found her.. She's in the village of the river!"

He couldn't believe himself and the pace he was making his way towards the place. He couldn't believe how he had lied to the Hokage about leaving the village for some important intel on some previous mission.

She was almost labelled as the Rogue Ninja but is now presumed dead. He stopped in his tracks, making Pakkun halt his run too. "What's the matter Kakashi?"

He hesitated about his want, about his thoughts, suddenly wanting to retreat. "We should head back," He shortly said, waiting for Pakkun to once again lead the way back home. He was worried, that without Pakkun's lead, he would want to go to her. He was unaware of the dying need to see her.

"Kakashi. Don't make my hard work go down the drain. You have occasionally sent me into the most unknown places possible for me to search for Y/n. Now wanting to return halfway through, wouldn't it be disrespectful to our years-long search?"

Pakkun's words made him stay quiet. He didn't want to act recklessly and wait for a sensible response from himself. "I think we have travelled a long way up to here. It's best to rest for now," Pakkun said, getting down from the tree.

"I do not suggest quitting. If you wanna walk past it, see her for yourself once and settle down in life with ease." Pakkun's statement struck him hard.

It's for me to move on from the guilt and regret.

The journey was nearing its end. The village was some yards away. His heartbeat was calm, considering the situation.

Kakashi took off his headband and walked inside the village of the river. He didn't want to stand out and entered the area as a traveller.

Pakkun walked ahead of him, taking him to the place where her fragrance was emerging from. They walked past trees, shops, houses and playgrounds. Soon Pakkun's pace was decreasing which indicated how close they were getting.

"Here..She lives here," Kakashi's eyes travelled to the front where a huge field with flowers and a nice-looking house were seen. There were clothes hung to get dry in a small hut that seemed like the kitchen. He sensed the movement coming out the door, taking shelter up the giant trees nearby.

Two figures walked out among which one was a pregnant woman. Kakashi's gaze softened, and soon his shoulders slowly fell at the sight of the man helping her out with her belly. He watched her softly laugh and took a glance at her side profile.

She grew up into a beautiful woman. His eyes never left her and kept on staring at her as she worked in the field. She went through all the flowers, cutting them down carefully. His jaw clenched, making him turn his back on her.

"We are getting late," He spoke out, alerting Pakkun of his departure from the place.

"If you say so.."

Back to present

Placing the map in his back pocket, he strolled through the streets, pondering over how to finish the mission as soon as possible. But all he could see of her for the past three days, despite his best efforts to divert his attention, was her bump. He had so many questions that he felt were better left unanswered.

He was becoming restless, nevertheless, because of his heart. Turning his head back, he stopped in his tracks. He murmured to himself, "Kakashi, you've become troublesome," and then he called on his three ninken.

"Tell Sakura, Sasuke and Naruto that we are leaving tonight and to be at the gate by 8,"