20. Decode Jealousy!

The other person who heard the conversation in silence with concealed chakra, couldn't help but feel agitated. It felt wrong to eavesdrop on the talk but it concerned him so he stayed.

"Why do you say that?" The girl asked, wanting a valid reasoning which would help her decide too. Does he have a hidden flaw that no one told me about?

"No reason. I don't want you to get married at least right now,"

She sighed, leaning back, "I thought you would give out some valid reasons and help me out,"

Kakashi followed her gesture and stretched out a little before asking, "Help you out with your decision?"

She nodded.

"That's.." He trailed off, realizing how easy it was to start a conversation with her. He smiled behind his mask. "... something I can't help you with. All I know is, he seems like someone who wouldn't let their wife talk to any other man and yeah, over-possessive is the right term I guess. "

She tilted her head at the information, finding it odd how Itachi seemed like a genuinely good person but the assumption is throwing off the image.

"I mean a little possessiveness is alright. I'm sure you're exaggerating," She said, rolling her eyes at him.

Kakashi was shocked by the informal gesture, "Did this lady just eye roll at me?"

She too realized her actions and quickly apologized.

"No. I'm actually happy to see you easing up, stay like this from now on. " He added, getting his mask on.

Y/n sighed, getting up and going back to her room. She took the envelope with the letter and wondered how he would react. She didn't want any reaction and thought about asking him to read it back in his place.

She headed out of her room and saw him lying down on the couch while one of his hands helped to lift his head as he read his book in that position. "Is the book that good?"

"not... something you would love to read," He said, sitting up straight. She took a seat beside him and looked at him.

She stared at him for some time, saying, "Why do you wear the mask? You looked so much better without it,"

"Just... for no reason," He said, adding, "Want me to take it off?"

"No, Your comfort means more." She handed the letter to him, without seeming hesitant about it. Her eyes looked up from the letter, as he did too.

"What's this?"

"Something that belongs to you and I couldn't bring myself to give it any sooner. BUT! don't read it in front of me. Read it when you're back home,"

"Hmm, is this a letter?"

"Yeah, it is. Read it when you're home I repeat," She said, not wanting to make it hard for him to express emotions in front of her which will undoubtedly come forward once he reads it.

She sighed quietly, getting up. "Have dinner before you leave,"

With that last sentence being heard, Itachi decided to take it as a cue to leave. He set the bag outside the door which was meds for anxiety and fever which she had shown signs of earlier. He walked out of the building, feeling a weird emotion as his heart clenched against his chest.
"She didn't need your help. Kakashi could have," He said, as he tched.

He decided to head back home to take a cold shower which would help him calm down. He felt a familiar presence, making him instigate. He turned to the direction it was emerging from and found the girl in Kakashi's team staring at him.