21. His notes

Sasuke took his shoes off as he entered the house, announcing his arrival. He sighed, coming inside the living room to find his father busy with the TV and some fruits.

"You're home. How's Y/n-san doing?" His mother asked, looking up from her work as Sasuke decided to join and help her with the fruits.

"She's all good now. " He said which made his mom nod before handing a plate to him.

"Go and give this to your brother and tell him if he skips another meal, the portion of fruits will increase."

Sasuke had no choice but to listen and dragged his feet up the stairs to his brother's room. He knocked on the door.

"Yes?" Itachi responded.

Sasuke twisted the knob and walked inside.

"Oh, Sasuke." He said, to which Sasuke said nothing.

"Mom said not to skip your meals and finish the entire plate," He relied on the message in a summarised way and was heading out.

"Did Y/n get the medicine?" Sasuke turned around to take a look at his brother who too turned around to hear an answer.

Sasuke stared down at him, rolling his eyes. "You and your nasty attitude," Itachi remarked, about to turn back to his work when Sasuke replied.

"Try to man up without being a coward. You'll lose her too just like you lost your previous one," With that, Sasuke shut the door behind him. He tilted his head, turning his body to the table.

Itachi couldn't help but turn back again to look at the now-closed door, recapping his brother's words. Lose whom?

He checked the time quickly remembering his work. The fruit bowl clinked when his pen hit the table, making him sit back and eat the fruits his mom sent. Once he was done, he took the bowl with him and put it on the kitchen table as his mom and dad turned to him.

"Are you leaving?" She asked. Sasuke entered the room, drying his hair with the towel taking a glance at his brother.

"I'm. Lock the door, I won't be home until the morning." He informed, bidding his goodbye to his parents.

"Itachi. Itsuki-san is asking for a reply. What do you say to marrying Kagury?" Fugaku-san asked his older son, as he rolled his eyes before facing his father.

"I don't wanna get married. " He bowed and said his goodnights before leaving the house and locking the door securely.

The environment inside the house remained timid as Sasuke took some fruits from the bowl and munched on them.

Mikoto-san sighed, turning to her husband looking a little disappointed. "Will we ever even get to see these two get married? They're so indulged with their power and strength that it worries me. " She turned to Sasuke.

"Leave it to them. The more we force and talk about it, the more they'll repel the idea." Fugaku-san said, turning back to the television.

Without being aware of his loud thoughts, Sasuke spoke out loud, "Well, you should talk about him marrying the one he's interested in-" fuck.

"Oh my, Itachi is interested in someone?" I cannot lie. Sasuke thought before nodding as he poked his inner cheek with his tongue.

"That's new," Fugaku-san said, taking a glance at his wife. "Who is she?"

Sasuke exchanged glances with his parents, debating about revealing the proposal set by the Hokage. "Yeah... it's someone,"

He stated, leaving his parents dumbfounded. "Will it be a problem to reveal without Itachi's consent?" Mikoto-san asked, smiling to herself as she cut more fruits, feeling a lot better since the two were bonding by sharing secrets. Well, that's what she thought.