12. Kagury and Manaki

Itachi

I sat drinking my soda, nodding as Kagury went on about the place she visited recently. Y/n was invested more in helping mother with the remaining cooking. I took a glance at them in the kitchen, finding them conversing and laughing here and there.

My eyes never left them, being stuck on Y/n solely at times. She was struggling with her hair and to make it worse, they were still a little wet. I took another drink of my soda, listening to Kagury barely.

"My niece is sharing her little stories and here you are lost somewhere else Itachi," I turned to Itsuki-san who wasn't watching the TV anymore.

I looked over at Kagury who had a pout on her face, scoffing, "Huh, Itachi-san you've changed. You used to listen keenly. You were a great listener. Remember when we went out together for the night show.." And here goes her rants. I wasn't tired or bothered. I wasn't interested today. I nodded from time to time to make it seem like I was present.

"Itachi, can you please come here?" Mother called out, to which I immediately responded. I sighed out in relief, as I walked inside the kitchen. "Can you please show her my dryer in my room? She will catch a cold with this hair," Mother said, gesturing to Y/n who turned to me with an innocent smile.

"Yeah, sure. This way," I said, leading the way as she followed. I took her up the stairs and into Mother's room. I sat in front of the dressing table, searching through the drawers carefully. I took out the dryer and closed the drawers. I handed her the blow dryer, getting the comb out too.

"Where's the socket?" She said, soon finding it after asking. I slid the dressing chair towards the socket as she thanked me. She took the comb and turned the dryer on.

She winced in discomfort. "What happened?" I asked, turning the dryer off. "Did it shock you?" I took the dryer out of her hand.

"It's the cut," She said, looking at her cut. "It's okay. It'll get dry after some time-"

"Let!" I cut her off, "..me do it for you," Fuck. Why did I say that.

Kakashi

I sat down by the river with my feet in the flowing water. It was a leisure time so I made the best out of it by reading some books. Maybe I should have brought Icha Icha Paradise along. I yawned, keeping the book aside while stretching out.

I sensed a figure steadily approach from behind. The figure was none other than Manaki. This girl..

I quickly changed my place and set a dummy in my previous position, hoping she would fall for it and leave me alone. "Doesn't work on me anymore Sensei," I accepted my defeat when I heard her from beside me. I turned to her as we both stood on the tree branch.

"What is it?" I asked, evidently uninterested. She doesn't know how to let go, so it wasn't easy dealing with her.

"I wanna spend some time with you. Please?" I rolled my eyes, getting down the tree as she followed.

"Let that foolish idea go away Manaki. Sensei won't be falling for you," I tried to politely reject her for the maybe 100th time this year. I sighed at her persistent nature. It was growing on me. I was keeping my cool as much as I could.

"Why? Weren't you the one who asked me to leave Hiroshi?"

"Because he was hurting you! Not for you to just start obsessing over a teacher?"

"Why did you care back then?"

I sighed, feeling it to be useless. I explained every thoroughly each time and she seemed to never get the hint of how much I was holding myself back from fighting her to death. She was annoying as heck. "Stop it Manaki. I won't go easy on you,"

She stepped closer to me, pulling my hands. I faced her with utter annoyance which remained hidden behind the mask. "Why can't you love me?"

"Because I see you as my child?? You could be my daughter's age if I had any. I'm your goddamn teacher. You should respect me. Just because I haven't gone to your parents, doesn't mean I will never. You're pushing me to the edge. The next time you say anything stupid, I'm taking your words with me to your parents," I said, which made her eyes water. She turned away from me, wiping away the tears as she scoffed.

I shut my eyes, nodding. I've had enough. I turned on my heels, "Makes sense why you're being like this. After all, you brought the one you've been looking for years back in the village. You won't even look at me," She meant Y/n. But it didn't bother me an inch.

"It's alright. I can take care of that too.. if it means that you'll be back to your old self,"

I rushed towards Manaki, getting a harsh hold on her arms. The grip tightened as my eyes burned through her, "Lay a finger and you'll see me pierce through your heart," Tears ran down her eyes as her mouth gapped, making me realize what I'd done. I let go of her, backing away a little.

"I'm so-" Her laugh interrupted my apology. She kept on laughing as I stared at her confused. I was ticked off by everything she was doing. How could someone be a living example of a pest? Pathetic. "..insane," I remarked, walking away from her.

"Retarded piece of shit.." I cursed my way out.

"Will keep that in mind KAKASHI SENSEI!" She yelled out from behind which had zero impact on me. What can she even do? Nothing.