🌹Chapter 2🌹

Jacob's POV:

Im making my way to Annabella's house. I've known the Smiths for a long time now because Mr Smith was dad's friend. I've always known Annabella since school days as she was only a year younger than me.

However what Annabella doesnt know,is that I don't love her! Yes...I don't love her. The whole reason I'm doing this is because I need something! Something that is the whole purpose of my life! Nobody knows I'm a mafia! I've become boss of my father's gang since I was 18!

I've become boss of my father's gang...but that isn't enough! I've always had 1 desire...a wish that I said I will achieve in life come what may! That desire of mine...is to become the 'king of the underworld'! That is the whole point of me needing Annabella!

The reason why I chose Annabella for this,is because I've known her since a long time! She was always my friend. However Annabella does not know why I'm paying her family a visit today. I'm certainly not just visiting her parents to say I want to date her! I'm going there because I need to! Without Annabella...I cannot get my position to be king of the underworld!

There's a set of things required to become the king of the underworld. I've ticked all the boxes... except 1! And this 1 thing is stopping me from achieving my biggest desire! In order to become king of the underworld...I need to...be married!

The reason marriage is involved in this is because...there has to be a guarantee that when I'm done being king...there will be somebody to take over when I'm done! And that somebody will be the heir! My child will take over after me! My grandfather made this gang,my father took over and now it's me...and I'll be sure that this gang never ends! I'll have to do all it takes to be sure it never ends!

People may think I'm using Annabella as a pawn in my game to achieve my wants...but that's not the case! Along with me getting the position, Annabella will have the most lavish lifestyle she could've ever dreamed of! I know she won't mind...as she loves lavish things. The Smiths were never rich, and this is her one opportunity to become a multi billionaire!

Love was never in my dictionary! All I can think of is power! And if it means marrying for the sake of getting more power...I will do so!

Arabella's POV:

Im sitting on my room floor crying my heart out. I look at myself in the mirror and laugh"what was I thinking huh? That I'd get Jacob! Jacob...was never...mine!" I cry hysterically and fall to the floor "why does this always happen...to me only? What bad luck...do I have?...nobody will ever love me" Jacob never noticed me...did I actually think I could have a future with him? He probably doesn't even remember my name!

I go to my cupboard and take out the picture I've saved of Jacob for years. Holding it tightly to my chest I cry"why did you do this to me? I.... I've always...loved you...only...can't you...see!no one....would ever... understand what...it's...like to see ...the one you...love...with your....sister...just like... Annabella...is....with....yo..." I immediately halt when I see Annabella standing at my door! I immediately hide the frame and wipe my tears.

"Annabella...do you...need something...why didn't you call me?" I hope she didn't hear whatever I said! She stares at me intently...and then laughs. I let out a breath of relief... knowing she hasn't heard me."yes I do need you... Jacob is here now...come gimme support!" She drags me out of my room.

Right now my heart is racing! I look at the door...only to see a group of men all dressed in black. But none look like Jacob! I feel tears in my eyes as I think that Annabella is dating Jacob...the one I dearly loved. I was secretly sobbing...I can't give a damn that my face will get ruined. "So we finally meet again... Mr Smith!" That voice...gives me chills down the spine! I look up to see the face I was longing to see... Jacob!

_______________________________________

End of chapter 2🌹