🌹Chapter 13🌹

Arabella's POV:

2 weeks! It's been 2 weeks since I've been married to Jacob...yet he still treats me the same! Every morning I get up only to find myself in the servants quarter.

Since the day after my marriage, I've been working as a maid in this house. Well...it's not like I had a choice! After that day....when I made Jacob breakfast....I was shown my place.

"Arabella dear....please go and clean up the garden. The rains have ruined the soil" I give a smile to Aunt Margaret and go to the garden.

As I'm busy watering the plants...I look up only to see Jacob watching me with anger....from his balcony. Why is he so angry? I haven't done anything!

Jacob's POV:

The past few days were hectic! I've only been trying to help everyone out...to prove that I'm suitable for position of 'king of the underworld'. But how long can I do this? I'm unable to control my temper anymore!

I'm on the terrace right now and SHE is there... watering the plants. I wonder why she still chooses to remain here... despite the way I treat her. Probably she's trying to win my heart? Little does she know....she never will! I have a heart of stone.

"Sir...your phone is ringing" my right hand man hands me my phone and I smirk. I already know what this call is for! It's for me to finally get crowned as the king!

On the phone:

Jacob: hello Mr Black

Mr Black: Hey Jacob...you very well know that Tonight is the crowning ceremony....and I'm proud to say....that it's you who is gonna lead us from now!

I smirk as I get the words that I've been waiting for. Finally I'll become king! So what if I just took the wrong bride...the destination is the same!

Jacob: of course! I'll do my best to lead us to the right path! So what if we're mafias...we can still save the world.

Phone call ends

"Listen...get my suit ready! Has to be the best design....I'm gonna own that throne! " My right hand man nods and leaves . Throne here I come!

Charlie's POV:

I get the call from Mr Black to attend the crowning ceremony. And guess what? Jacob...that snake...is gonna be king! I'll rather die than have him be the king!

He doesn't deserve it! The king of mafia position belongs to someone kind... somebody who cares about the well being of others...not to some shrewd and selfish person like him!

I will never forget that day...that very day....when I lost HER! The one I loved the most....I lost her only because of Jacob! I sit on my chair as I sip on the whiskey. The burning sensation causing my eyes to close.

Flashback:

"Jacob! Get here...man guess what?" Jacob walks over to me and smiles "what is it bro? You're behaving as if you've become king of the underworld!" Jacob laughs while I smirk.

"Looks like you are a fortune teller Jake! Mr Black told me I've gotten everything that a king of the underworld should have! Damn I can't believe this!" Jacob's smile falls and he clenches his jaw.

"That's...good news. Perhaps....it's because....you married! Probably your wife asked Mr Black to let you become king!" My heart felt different. It was as if Jacob was not happy for my achievement.

"Bro...how can you say that! You know Mr Black always liked me....and plus now that Kiara and I are having a child...the heir is guaranteed!"

Jacob began laughing while I looked at him confused. "Charlie...you should've seen your face! You take everything so serious. Child you say?" I noticed how his smile didn't reach his eyes.

"Yeah...Kiara is 3 months pregnant! So I tick all the boxes to become king! Soon I'll be carrying a lil kid in my arms and teaching him about everything...from respect to how to be king!"

Jacob was looking at me with an emotion...that I couldn't read. "Congratulations bro! Let's see what destiny holds for you!"

End of flashback

If only I could see what was happening at that time....we would've been together with our children Kiara!

_______________________________________

End of chapter 13🌹