🌹Chapter 16🌹

Arabella's POV:

I was doing the dishes when I heard a car outside. Did Jacob return? I immediately run to open the door. As I open it , I notice Jacob staring at me directly in the eye.

"Arabella...what are you doing up at this time?" My heart instantly melts. I've always been up till this time every night...why is he only asking me this now.

"I....I...will go get....Dinner" I began to walk past but then my hand got hooked somewhere. Or...that's what I thought. I looked up to see Jacob holding my hand.

Why? Why is he being so gentle towards me today? He's making me wish that we were a happily married couple.

"There's no need! I already ate dinner. I will...go freshen up. Please get the bed ready!" He walked away leaving me speechless. I wonder what has changed today. Maybe he's tired and has no energy to fight?

I knock on the door...but there's no response. Probably Jacob is in the restroom. I enter the room and begin the set the room up and arrange the bed.

I hear the door open...but choose to ignore it. I really don't want to ruin his mood!

Now that I'm done with my work....I decide to leave. As I walk away....I can feel his eyes on me. "Where are you going?" My whole body freezes!

What does he mean? He knows that I sleep in the servants quarter. I can't take this gentle behavior anymore....it's not what I'm used to!

" My room.....I got to go....to my room. The work is done! See the bed is arranged!" I instantly begin to panic! What if he gets upset because I wasn't supposed to leave?

"What do you mean Arabella? This is your room!" At this point...I can feel tears fall from my eyes. I've been dying to hear this for such a long time.

" Jacob....you and I....both know that this...isn't my room. My place is the.... servants quarter and I should leave now!"

Jacob instantly gets up and stands in front of me. Have I made him mad? I begin to tremble due to fear. He's mood was so good today....did I really have to ruin it?

"Arabella....look, I know you think that...it's weird for me to behave this way...but ...I've been somewhere today and....I've seen the light. I would like to talk about it to you!"

_______________________________________

5 Minutes! It's been 5 Minutes and Jacob is still sitting next to me as quiet as a mouse. I really don't know how to react to this. I don't know if I should break the ice!

"Arabella... I've been treating you like a slave recently. You know I'm a mafia...and today I see how I've disrespected one of the biggest rules in the mafia!"

I choose to stay silent because I'm speechless! I really don't know what to do or say! My tears are falling down and I can't control it.

" No no....please... I'll feel worse if you cry. Don't remind me how terrible I've been!"

I begin sniffing violently because I really don't know what to do. I feel so emotional at this point. This is the first time he is ever being nice to me!

"Arabella please stop crying! I told you that already!!!"

Jacob's POV:

How stupid of me! I always let my anger take over! I already feel bad because of whatever I did....and now I made her cry by shouting at her.

"Hey I'm sorry! Please don't cry now!" I notice that she calms down a bit...and I take a sigh of relief. Comforting someone has never been my thing!

"So....I know I told you very bad things...even treated you like garbage. But....you know I really loved your sister. When Annabella never showed up in the wedding....I felt betrayed! Unknowingly, I vented that anger on you....but now I realize that was wrong!"

I pause so that I can give her a chance to speak...but she still looks at me to continue. Honestly what I did was really stupid. After so much humiliation,I had to realize my mistake. But...I STILL HATE CHARLIE!

"Now you're my wife...and I may not love you yet....but...we can start as friends. Today I've been humiliated in front of a whole lot of people....and even though I was upset...I'm glad that I realized my mistake! So.... friends?"

_______________________________________

End of chapter 16🌹