🌹Chapter 8🌹

Arabella's POV:

The reflection in the mirror is the same as always. Ugly!!!! That's the one word that describes myself! Maybe that's why Jacob doesn't love me! I had to cry myself to sleep last night.

Today is the day that they all waited for. The wedding day! Anna and Jacob's wedding. "It could've been me...but I'm too ugly for him! Anna is better than me! I'll never have someone to love me!"

My thoughts are interrupted when I see dad at my door. "Silly Arabella! Your sister is getting married today,and you not even helping her!" I instantly stand on my two feet and go to Annabella's room. Tears are forming in my eyes, blurring my vision.

"Anna com...come on you...need to...to get re...." I halt when I look at Anna's condition! There she is, sitting on the floor...not even dressed in her bridal outfit....and she is crying hysterically! "Anna... Annabella,why are you crying like this? Huh...is something wrong? Are you..." I instantly pause when she hugs me and cries more. The only thought on mind is what has happened?

"Please help me Arabella...help me please!" Annabella cries to me and I'm shocked! Why is she asking for help? Is everything okay between her and Jacob? "Anna...what help do you..." Anna interrupts me and what she says....gives me the shock of my life!

"Arabella I don't want this marriage! I don't want to marry Jacob! I don't LOVE him! " My tears begin falling. What does she mean by she doesn't love him? She was madly in love with him so long! Why does she only realize this now? This has to be a joke!

"Wha...what do....you... mean Anna?" I'm confused! Wasn't she madly in love with Jacob? And why would she not want to marry him if she loves him? There's so many thoughts in my head right now! "Arabella...I ....I never loved Jacob! I....know th.. that...whatever I did was.... terrible...but...." She starts crying again.

I don't know why I'm feeling sad...maybe because my sister is crying her heart out....and that she never loved Jacob! But just then...I remember what she said. "Anna...what do you mean...b..by... whatever you...did...was terrible?"

My heart is beating furiously at this moment! I don't know why I'm feeling as if something bad is going to happen. "Arabella....I...love Mark....not... Jacob!" Just then my heart shatters! Poor Jacob! Anna was betraying him for another guy I don't even know about! I begin crying with Annabella.

"But...then why....did you...say you loved... Jacob?" Why did she have to involve Jacob in all this if she never loved him? I feel like Jacob didn't deserve this at all but I need to support Anna right now! She is my sister.

"I loved Mark! We met...in college. After college.... Mark worked...in...the best office of town, which belonged to Jacob! " She begins sobbing again,but at this point... nothing is making sense! What does this have to do with the current situation?

"So what?...why... did yo...you pretend to love.... Jacob?" Just then Annabella wipes her tears and begins smiling. "You see Arabella, everything is fair in love and war! One day Mark saw a few men enter the office and....he...he found out...that they were gangsters that had drugs with them." I'm shocked at this point. But what were they doing in Jacob's office?

"So Mark tackled them...and Jacob wasn't pleased with this! And let me tell you why! It's because Jacob is THE FUTURE KING OF THE UNDERWORLD! He is the biggest mafia you can find! And he ordered those gangsters to bring the drugs with them!"

My world collapsed under my feet. This means that, whatever some people said about Jacob...they were right! He joined the wrong company and turned into a monster! I can't believe this! I begin to cry hysterically. "It's...it's a lie! Don't lie about my Jacob! He isn't that type of a person!" My head begins to spin.

" Arabella this is the truth! You need to hear it! And do you know what he did to Mark? He made his life miserable! He didn't even care that Mark's brother was his best friend...he ruined all of them! And just when we thought things couldn't get worse...he killed my Mark!" Anna breaks down and my heart hurts seeing her like that. I run to console her but she pulls herself together within a minute.

"But what that....that bloody monster... didn't know....was that his childhood friend....was Mark's girlfriend! He didn't know...I was Mark's girlfriend. And so I took that to my full advantage and I decided to take my revenge! I became his girlfriend and I was gonna ruin him...just the way he ruined Mark...but this marriage came in between!"

I know deep down.... Jacob isn't like this...he... wasn't like this. I'll make sure he realizes his mistake...but punishing him, it's not right! "But Anna, you shouldn't punish....him...and how will you..." She cuts me out by showing me her hand. "Oh I have a plan!"

_______________________________________

End of chapter 8🌹