eight.

eight. sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead

It would have actually been a smart move, creating a safe house for Elena. If the vampire who was chasing her was anyone other than Klaus. No other vampires would be able to enter. But you knew Klaus. You knew he would find a way around that. But you kept your concerns to yourself as you stood outside with Damon and Stefan while Elena signed the papers for the deed to the house with the lawyer.

"You find anything in the journal?" Damon asked you.

"Nothing more to help us," you said truthfully.

"Damn, and I thought she was a better researcher than that," Damon said.

"We already have our secret weapon," Stefan said.

"You really think Bonnie can take on Klaus?" Damon asked.

"She said she could channel enough witch power to kill him. Elijah thought that would work and he was an Original, so," Stefan shrugged.

You knew that it would work. With that much power, she could undo the spell Esther had placed on all her children. You still weren't sure how to stop Bonnie. If she had enough power to kill Klaus, killing you would be no problem. You needed to be careful.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" You asked. "That's a lot of power to draw. It could be dangerous."

"Bonnie seems confident she could do it," Stefan said.

"So we just need to find him," Damon said. "Could she do one of those witch tracking spells?"

"No," you said. "She would need something that belonged to him."

"Believe me, I already asked," Stefan said.

They were quiet for a moment. "Do you think he killed her?" Damon said suddenly.

"Katherine? Probably," Stefan said.

"I wouldn't if I were him," you said. You knew Klaus would prolong her death for what she had done. And you would have happily helped him do it. They both looked at you. "Well, think about it. He was going to use her to break the curse, and she turned herself into a vampire and ran for 500 years. If I were him, I'd make her punishment at least half as long as that."

"Remind me not to get on your bad side," Stefan said.

"It's not like she didn't have it coming," Damon said.

The door opened and the lawyer walked out. "Thank you, Mr. Henry," she said. He nodded and left.

The two Salvatore boys walked to the door, though they were now unable to get in.

"Oh sorry, I completely forgot," Elena said. "Stefan, would you like to come inside my house?"

"I would love to," Stefan said, walking in.

"Y/N, please, come in," she said. You smirked at Damon and walked in as well.

Elena looked at Damon pointedly.

"What, are we twelve?" He asked.

"Some of us are," you snickered.

"If I let you in, do you promise to obey the owner of this house?" Elena asked.

"No," Damon rolled his eyes.

"Seriously, Damon. My way. You promised. I call the shots. No lies, no secret agendas," Elena said. "Remember?"

"Yes, Elena, sure," Damon said sarcastically.

"Then please come in," she said.

He walked in and glared at you and Stefan who was smirking. "Shut up."