twenty-four.

twenty-four. the devil doesn't bargain but neither do I

Elijah had asked to you lunch, but he was late. So you were sitting at the bar in the Mystic Grill, trying to figure out if you were going to leave town now. The coffins were back. Esther's was not, but what did you care about that one? Elijah was awake now, he could help Niklaus. But Klaus had promised you he would wake them once he got the coffin back. The question was...did you believe him?

No, that was a lie. You knew the real question was if Elena and gang managed to wake up Esther, could you really leave him here to deal with that alone? Elijah's little story earlier had reminded you of how far you both had been willing to go for each other. Was that now too broken beyond repair?

"You look a little glum for having won," Damon sat next to you.

You looked over at him as he gestured for a drink. "What are you doing?"

"What? I'm just having a drink with my friend," he smirked.

"Did you hit your head and suddenly get amnesia?" you asked. "We're not friends anymore."

"Oh come on, Y/N, you can't stay mad at me forever."

"Watch me."

You saw Elijah walk in, and chugged the rest of your drink, standing. As you went to walk away, Damon grabbed your arm. "Y/N, what I did to you, you're right. It was wrong."

You rolled your eyes, looking at him. "Is that supposed to be an apology?"

He smirked at you. "Well, you know me."

You pulled your arm out of his grasp. "I do know you, and if you're here with that half ass apology, you want something," you said.

"What could I possibly want besides your eternal friendship?" he asked.

You rolled your eyes. "Okay, friend, let me give you a piece of advice then. If you wake what's in that coffin, you will doom us all."

"So you know what's in there?" he looked at you, a little shocked before schooling his features. "What is it?"

"I told you, it's something that will not be good for any of us," you said. "But you didn't listen to me about Mikael, so I doubt you'll listen to me now. Now, if you'll excuse me."

You walked away, walking over to Elijah. "Y/N," he greeted.

"Hi, Elijah," you said. Damon walked past you towards the exit and you saw Elijah meet his eyes. It made you raise an eyebrow. Something passed between them, though you weren't sure what.

"Shall we grab a booth?" Elijah looked back at you with a smile.

"Sure," you said, following him into a booth. You stared at him, as you waited for Matt to come take your order.

"Is there something on my face, Y/N?" Elijah asked, looking over the menu.

"What's going on between you and Damon?" you blurted out.

"What do you mean?"

"That look back there..." you said. "What was that?"

"Nothing that concerns you, don't worry," he said.

"Elijah."

He sighed, and put down the menu, looking up at you. "I suspect he is the one that removed my dagger."

"What?" you looked at him in confusion. "Why?"

"I don't know," he said just as Matt came over.

"Hey, Y/N," he greeted. "What can I get for your guys?"