Chapter One

(Elena's POV)

Rain lashed against the windshield of my father's navy blue car as he drove down a deserted one land highway.

I peered through my door window, it was pitch black outside with not even one star in the sky but there was a small glow of the moon and small square orange lights lining the road to see by. 

Dad, Mum and I were driving home from visiting my aunt Athena. 

See my family carried a secret, we were witches.

It all started with my grandmother Esther; she was a witch. She had one sister Elise and a brother Evan, she was the youngest out of them. The three of them were forced into servitude but one day Carlisle had saved Esther and helped her escape with her siblings. Because of his kindness, they all decided to stay by him until a sense of debt was repaid. 

Eventually Grams and her family went separate ways for a short period of time and lived in London where my grandmother met my grandfather Colin who happened to be a hybrid. They met, fell in love and traveled the world together.

Gram's brother decided to stay in London where his family still lives to this day. He married a beautiful woman himself and had four children. 

Esther and Colin got married and settled down in Forks and built the family home. Everyone called it the Lovelace Gardens because it was the most beautiful place in Forks, just the gardens alone were breathtaking.

It was about ten acres, with it's own forest backyard and set in the middle of Forks and La Push. When the treaty happened my Grandmother chose to stay neutral and so our house was known as common ground. 

Gram's sister Elise came to visit and had a whirl of a romance with Yaha Uta, the two grew attracted to each other at first sight. She was an imprintee and married into the tribe. On the day after their wedding night, the tribe was attacked by a cold woman. Elise watched the love of her life die in front of her eyes. It sent her on a spiraling path, she helped take down the woman alongside the pack, Taha Aki and his first wife, his own imprintee. Together they saved the tribe and earned highest respect. Later Elise gave birth to their only daughter Eleanor, giving Elise a reason to keep living. Elise lived on the reservation for many years, as most witches can live longer than people expect, many generations went to her for advice. Once Eleanor was old enough, Elise finally took her last breath, some say her Yaha Uta was there to take her into eternal peace. 

Eleanor was a kind woman and one of my favorite distant cousins, she was a business woman with a sharp tongue when she needed it but on the inside she was a total softy. She had two daughters and a son. One of the daughters stayed here married and had their own family, while the other two chose to venture out and make names for themselves else where. 

Even though some of the family stayed and others left, we always got together at least once a year or stayed in contact. I have several cousins around the world that I talk too all the time. 

Anyway as for my grandmother, she gave birth to my father David, He worked with Carlisle at the hospital.

He grew up here in Forks, he met my mother in kindergarten, so they knew each other for a long time and had one of those childhood sweetheart stories. 

My mum was human, but she loved being part of this family and everyone loved her especially my grandma. My mother ran a small diner.

My father had two younger sisters Athena and Rowena, they were twins but so very different. My aunt Athena was very sweet and a wonderful woman just like her name, she lived in L.A with her husband and two twin daughters of her own Mariana and Holly and owned a shop.