Chapter Thirteen

Sunday I was working in my garden when I sensed a drop in the weather and grinned knowing what that meant. 

Alice was right there was going to be a storm and a powerful one at that. I instantly ran inside, my feet pounded up the stairs rushing into my room. 

I already knew what I was going to wear, I wore it every time there was a game of baseball.  My uniform. 

Getting dressed in my purple varsity sports jacket with white long sleeves and slipped on my purple matching pants and long socks, stuffing my feet into white shoes and grabbed my white bag. 

Bella was sitting on my bed, petting Piper watching me. I moved over to my vanity and sat down, brushing my hair out. 

We were waiting for Edward to pick us up, Quinn and Jazz had other plans so it would just be me. 

"I don't think I've ever seen you this happy." She told me.

"I love a good thunderstorm." I told her smiling big. "It brings out my powers, plus baseball with the Cullen's is awesome wait until you see it."

"Speaking of which what do I tell Charlie?" She asked making me look at her. 

"The truth, you got a date with Edward and I'm going along as a chaperone." I told her shrugging and heard a beep outside. "He's here, you go tell Charlie and I'll greet him at the door."

She nodded, we walked downstairs, she headed into the living room while I headed for the door and opened it with a big grin. 

Edward had a smile on his face.

"I take it you're ready?" He asked knowingly.

"Are you kidding?" I asked raising an eyebrow. "I feel like it's been ages since the last time, Bella's letting Charlie know what's happening." 

'Knowing Charlie, he's got his gun out on the table.. Good luck' 

I gestured for him to come in and we stood there together, Bella walked over to us with a look on her face, Charlie followed.

"Chief Swan." Edward greeted. "I wanted to formally introduce myself, I'm Edward."

Edward extended his hand and Charlie took it and grunted a hello. 

"I think Elena's mentioned you a few times, your parents were friends with my sister and brother in law." Charlie said glancing at me.

I nodded.

"I won't keep the girls out too late." Edward told him. "We're just going to play baseball with my family."

"Bella's going to play baseball?" Charlie asked looking surprised.

I had to suppress a grin.

"Yes, sir that's the plan." Edward said.

Charlie let out a small snort, making me grin.

"Well, good luck with that."

There was a long silence of awkwardness the feeling of introducing a boyfriend to a parent was there until I broke it. 

"We should get going." I told them giving Charlie a kiss on the cheek. "Don't worry, nothing'll happen while I'm there."

Once outside after Charlie reminded us about our pepper spray, we made it to Emmett's jeep and climbed in, Edward gave Bella a baseball cap to wear.

------

Getting to the open clearing where the game would be, I jumped out instantly and headed over to Emmett and Rosalie playfully shoving each other. Rosalie looked over at me and smiled while Emmett had his playful game face on.