Chapter Thirty-Three

Still standing in the field, Laurent had his hand around my neck, it was tight. I was trying to hold off until the guys got here.

Suddenly he stared squeezing my neck, cutting off my air supply, my hands went up fast trying to get them off.

The more I fought against him, the tighter he squeezed. Dark spots appeared in my vision, like my eyes were blurry, I blinked closing them, it was like death was calling me...

An image of Paul flew into my mind, my eyes snapped open, I couldn't give in.. My eyes flashed gold again, quicker than I could imagine I used my telekinesis and slammed Laurent away from me. It wasn't as effective as the ones before but it was enough to send him away from me.

Sneering angrily at the evil vampire, I coughed as I took in a couple of breaths.

'Paul..'

'I'm here! Baby! Are you okay!' I heard him say whimpering in pain before seeing what had happened through our shared connection. "I'm gonna kill the bastard!" He growled pissed off.

Bella and the girls came to my side, circling around me.

"Lena... Lena you okay?" Bella asked panicking, she looked at my bruise. "Oh god look at your neck."

"I'm okay." I told them.

I saw Laurent getting back to his feet, staring at me with wide eyes, hearing the howl echoing through the trees.. He glanced at me, thinking it through, a look of conclusion crossed his face figuring out why I smelt like a wolf before looking into the woods.. His expression changed to fear.

"I... don't believe it."

"Might want to run." I whispered so only he and the pack could hear me. "That hot headed one is mine and from the sounds of it...he's not very happy."

Turning my head looking behind me, spotting the pack. Sam in his enormous black wolf form stalked out of the dark part of the woods, towards us.

Jared and Paul emerged from behind him, they were smaller than Sam due to his alpha status. My silver wolf let out a low disturbing growl and barred his sharp gleaming teeth as Jacob and Embry joined Sam's other side, they looked ready to spring.

Laurent bolted across the meadow. Sam let out a loud growl, and leaped over us. It all happened so quickly I had to push Bella and I to the ground, which freaked Bella out even more.

I stood back up and glared at the Black, chocolate and ash wolves that went after the bad vamp.

'Sammy you do that again and I'll curse you' I thought giving him a warning.

I heard Sam let out a deep chuckle.

My silver wolf looked right at me directly. Jacob and Embry's wolf forms came up beside him.

'Angel are you girls okay?' I heard Paul ask eyeing my wound. 'Are you okay?'

I noticed Em's eyes were staring at Quinn, and Jake was glancing at Bella I ignored the last two focusing on my own.

'We're fine, I'm okay' I thought reaching out raking my fingers through his dark silver fur. 'Go, we'll talk later...Show him what my hot head is made of'

That was all I had to say for Paul to snap into action, he kicked up dirt as he headed off to help. Embry was right behind him.... Jacob took a few extra minutes staring Bella down before running off.

I frowned keeping my eyes on my wolf. Even though I was proud of him and I knew he could handle himself, I was scared.

Quinn stepped up beside me, wrapping her arm around mine. I looked at her sensing her worry and gave her a pat on the arm. We shared a worried but happy look watching the pack surrounding Laurent before he reached the tree line.